Tuesday, November 27, 2012

If you REALLY are ready to change your Karma

You have all the power to make it happen...but...
No one else can change your karma and change your life. You are the only one. You have all the tools you need! You are one of the lucky ones! You have found the practice of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo that allows you to tap into the vast power you possess. It's your time to take this practice and make the changes you want...and really become happy! 

I have always said that practicing Buddhism is not easy. It requires courage. It not only requires courage but it helps to BUILD courage and a strong sense of self. When you practice as I've outlined here you will be strong. You can take on ANYTHING. You will be happy. It takes perseverance, but I am here to tell you that you can achieve whatever you want. You can be happier than you ever imagined possible. But it takes work! And your life and happiness is WORTH IT!


There are 6 KEY aspects to a correct practice of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.


And when we are activating them ALL we are all HAPPIER in every possible way. Until you have activated these actions in your life you will never really know your own full power...you will be able to ROAR LIKE A LION. You will have power in your own precious life! 


1. Chant every morning and evening. Chanting twice a day PUTS YOUR LIFE IN RHYTHM TO WIN. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THIS. It sounds hard, but it is really the easy way. Chanting is MUCH HARDER when you do it every once in a while...and your results are less consistent too. You decide how long you will chant. I know that the more effort I put into my daily practice, the harder I work to stay focused, the MORE I connect with the Gohonzon (which is my life itself) the easier the rest of my life goes. I chant a minimum of an hour in my "laboratory of my life" every morning. I often find I chant more when I have a lot of challenges, (more logs on the fire) and the more I chant the more I WANT TO chant. Try it.

2. Study with the intention of deepening your faith.  In Nichiren Buddhism FAITH IS A VERB and a MUSCLE! Chant to strengthen  your faith. Chant to have the kind of benefit that makes you truly believe your own power. And do this again and again! THIS is exercising the muscle of FAITH. It is the power you muster while you are chanting to activate the power of your prayer. Studying is like working the muscle of faith. It will help you produce results. It will strengthen your faith. Studying the Gosho by Nichiren Daishonin, and the words of our mentor, Daisaku Ikeda will help you become happier and healthier and stronger in every way!


3. MAKE A STRONG DETERMINATION. Write it down. Really, writing it down is powerful! What do you want? What do you really want? How do you want to feel? What do you want to make happen? Who do you want to BE? Avoid the tendency to blame your environment. Blaming the people, things, jobs etc. is not useful. Instead, accept that your karma is your karma and vow to change it! That is where your power lies! Not in complaint! Chant to root your suffering out of your life. I visualize the roots of a tree inside my body and literally pull them out in my mind while I am chanting. Chant to expand the power within your own life. Chant to raise your life condition and be the strong Buddha you are meant to be! 


4. Remember that you are not chanting to anyone or anything. You are not asking for favors or saying "please". No, you are having a dialogue with your own life and telling it what you want. The determinations and vows you make are to your own life. You are the Buddha. Remind yourself every day. 

5. It is important to be in the ORBIT OF FAITH! Attending SGI meetings is crucial. We really can't practice adequately alone. We all act as mirrors for each other. Our meetings serve to deepen our ties to each other and our ties to the world. If there is something you don't like about your meetings, chant about them. Use the power of your own prayer. Become a leader. How you feel about your Buddhist meetings is really a reflection of your own karma...life tendencies. If you "look down" on all the people at the meetings, you also "look down" on people everywhere. Have patience with yourself. See if you can summon the Ichinen (will put into action) to make a difference. Many of us have struggled with this at some time. I love being a leader because I infuse each meeting with energy. I chant at least an hour for the success of each meeting...I chant for every member to have a deep and meaningful experience at every meeting - refreshed in faith, more determined, happier. If you haven't connected already, Search for Soka Gakkai International to find the center closest to you. Call them and ask for the meeting closest to you, 

6. Help others. 

Encouraging fellow members in faith is crucial. And telling others about chanting is crucial too...even just giving them a Nam Myoho Renge card. I give out cards every single day. I have to. I feel I have discovered the key to absolute happiness and it fills me with joy to pass it on to others. I always give cards to people who help me in stores. They are always happy to get them. I have introduced countless strangers to this practice and planted many seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment