Monday, November 19, 2012

Such Fortune in my Life~

Aaron~Ben~Me
Michiko, Tomell, Donovan

Happy Monday morning! I hope it IS a Happy Monday morning for you, and that you are living a fulfilled and happy life. If you aren't ~ please don't despair. Just strengthen your practice and your faith and you will be on your way! Chant for what you really want! You chant to be able to make the impossible possible. Chant for what you really want. Refresh your practice if it's stale. Chant every morning and evening and go to your SGI meetings! No matter how long you've been gone you will be welcomed back with open arms. 

Yesterday was November 18th, day of the founding of the Soka Gakkai. 

Tomell was giving an experience at the Chicago Buddhist Center and we arranged to have lunch afterwards so he could meet Aaron and Ben and we could all meet his Mother Michiko and his nephew Donovan. 

As I was driving to pick up Aaron and Ben I realized my dreams had already come true. Both of them were excited about going to this Buddhist meeting, and meeting Tomell. Both of them have matured in their faith and have seeking minds toward their practice. It reminds me of the Buddhist parable about the man who stays at the Buddha's house, and the Buddha sews jewels into the lining of the man's coat. He leaves not knowing the riches he possesses, but they are there for him when he can realize them. It is just like that with Aaron and Ben. They have realized the riches in their coats! They are fired up about using this practice in their lives and excited about meeting other invigorating members. If you are a young man reading this and want to connect with them please write to chantforhappiness@gmail.com. 

Having my precious boys awaken to the absolute power that exists within their lives is something money can't buy. 

It is true fortune...benefit accrued from chanting over time. 

I know it's all coming together for their happiness and for the happiness of all the lives that they are going to touch. President Ikeda is absolutely right...the future of our country and of our world rests in the young people. If they can truly understand the depth of the power they have to change the world, and use Nam Myoho Renge Kyo as a TOOL ~ they will change the world! 

I do want to mention that my boys have not always been "enthusiastic" about going to Buddhist meetings. No. Many times I coerced, bribed, begged...to get them to go. The fact that they were actually looking forward to this is a huge benefit. And I know they got a lot out of it. 

I was curious to know about Tomell's relationship with President Ikeda. Tomell said he chose for a mentor a man who has no equal on the planet. NO ONE has over 300 honorary doctorates. No one has visited with the number of world leaders or written as many books, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I can't keep track of the number of schools Daisaku Ikeda has founded. And we have the fortune to be living at the same time. Tomell says he thinks of President Ikeda as a coach. A life coach. A spiritual coach. This, of course, made perfect sense to my guys. 

Tomell also talked about having complete faith in Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Chanting for money without knowing where it would come from... Chanting about this job and having the perfect opportunity come to him...Tomell is a glowing example of FAITH in practice and benefits everywhere. He has accepted my offer to do some guest writing for this blog. At the moment I believe he is still in transit back to Dubai, but you'll be hearing from him soon. 

Thank you all for your encouragement regarding my being laid off. I truly believe it is a benefit, and my spirits are incredibly high. Thank you for your emails. You know I love to post your comments and receive your emails at chantforhappiness@gmail.com. I would love to print your stories of success and I am always happy to answer your questions.  

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I an not sure how! LOL!
    I was looking to find out whether or not chanting for another person would work or not. I am a novice so I am not sure what to expect. The person I want to help is my son.

    I look forward to catching up on all of your posts here. I currently live in a very rural area and cannot find any meetings locally so far but I have hope that its out there and I need to look harder.
    Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this. I have a daughter who is a fortune baby, and getting her to even chant has been a struggle. Since birth I have always chanted for her to become a capable leader for kosen rufu. She is in this faith where she claims no faith, and is really truly rebellious so, I really appreciate you sharing this. Much love to you myoho sister.

    ReplyDelete