Monday, November 5, 2012

One of the keys to Happiness...


We are all Buddhas. We all possess the power of the entire universe in our lives. And like this picture says, when we see the Buddha nature in another, that is what arises in their lives. 

I talk about my children on this blog from time to time. This picture says it all. I always expected the best and spoke positive words to them. I think it is important to never put our children down. The world does enough of that. 

I always told my kids how much I believed in them, and how proud I was of them. I'd say to them "You know the best course of action to take. You are so wise....I am so proud of you. And you know what? They always made me proud. They never did anything to disappoint me. They gave their best, and are still giving their best in all their endeavors. And the picture above really says it all. 


I always saw the best in my children. I always will see the best in them. And in turn, they have grown to see the best in themselves too. You know, we all are Buddhas, but ignorance obscures our view...feelings of guilt obscure our view...feelings of doubt obscure our view. 

Our daily practice of Buddhism serves to remove that ignorance and reveal our lives as the sparkling diamonds they are. And the best thing is we can chant about this. I chant to experience each moment as the brilliant sparkling diamond I really am inside. I chant to raise my life condition so that nothing, nothing, nothing can defeat me. 

We might not win every single struggle, but we only lose when we feel defeat. 

Every single day when we chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo we access that power to win and channel it in the direction we want it to go. That is the core of our Buddhist practice. We do this in the morning and we do this in the evening. And when we chant every day twice a day it is not a chore, it is an honor...a blessing and a right. We each sit in front of our Gohonzons (scrolls inscribed by Nichiren Daishonin...the heart of the Buddhist altar) and we address our own lives with our prayers.

I hope you greet this day chanting in joy, and if you are in America chanting for your country. Or even if you are not in America, please chant for America. Please chant for America to elect the candidate who will best represent ALL the people...especially the ones who don't have enough money to influence the politics of the land. We need the kind of president who can work for us all. 

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment