Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Keeping a High Life Condition

 What is a high life condition? 

When we can look down at your challenges and problems from above, we have a high life condition. Our challenges seem insignificant and we KNOW the power in our life will keep us advancing. We greet the Gohonzon with a smile and full of appreciation. We are cheerful and full of life.

When our problems loom large, and hover above us feeling like we will be crushed, we have a low life condition. But we are still so lucky, because we know just what to do. 

When we feel our life condition sinking we can head to the Gohonzon and chant. We can also call a mentor in faith. I have many people I respect and love, and who can give me that extra added insight I need to fire up my chanting. We can study. I read the Gosho and President' Ikeda's guidance. I pick up the World Tribune or Living Buddhism. I look at my own encouragement on this blog, and read people's inspiring stories. Calling a friend and encouraging THEM also raises our life condition. Chanting Daimoku is the greatest tool. Sometimes we need encouragement to be able to chant more effectively.  

A Power Prayer to Raise your Life Condition:

"I am determined to experience each moment as the powerful Buddha I am. I vow to feel the power of Daimoku surging through me. I know that when I am at my best, I can do more to encourage others. I am bringing the best out of my life so that I can be my best and make this world a better place. 
I chant to raise my life condition and to experience each moment as the Buddha I am." 

Raising our life condition is like this: 

We have a challenge or a problem, and it shows up in front of us like a tall wall. At first we may back away and say "That wall is way too tall, I will never get over it!" But when we chant we can feel ourselves raising higher than the wall...lifting up into the air...and we can look down at that wall and suddenly it is a tiny insignificant bump in the road. We have raised our life condition. And we have the power to do this every single day. 

As practicing Buddhists we know that all our problems don't really amount to a hill of beans compared to Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. We have confidence in our own lives. And when we feel that confidence waning we can chant and tell our lives: "I am determined to feel the deepest confidence in my life" and become more confident. 

Yesterday I spent the afternoon learning about this outplacement company that my company hired to help all of us through the lay off. It's incredible. I can meet with a career counselor as many times as I like. I can use some of the tools I am learning to spread the reach of this blog.  Today I am going to a lecture on facebook and twitter. Cool. 

I hope you can take a few moments to send the link to this blog to your friends. It may be just the encouragement they need to raise their life conditions. 

Have a great full moon Wednesday. 

have a great day in the highest of life conditions! 



2 comments: