Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Breakthroughs every day!

OK, I want to talk about the quality of Daimoku right now. For those of you new to this blog, Daimoku is the chanting of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo over and over and over....
You know it is true that in any given thing...you can give it your all, or give it some of your attention, right? Well, this law of the universe...this prayer of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is impartial and well...a LAW.
Now I'm not going to say that if the only place you chant is in your car or on your exercise bike that you won't get any benefits. You probably will...but as in anything else, when you give YOUR ALL, you get it back multiplied many times over.
When I chant I chant FIGHTING DAIMOKU! Why not? As long as I'm chanting I might as well REALLY chant.
Fighting Daimoku is loud and fast and concentrated. I feel the energy of the chant coming from my root chakra all the way through my body. I feel the energy flow. I sit up straight...I keep my eyes on the Gohonzon, I am focused in my prayer...sometimes I heat up and perspire! I invite President Ikeda to chant with me...and chant to join hearts with the heart of my mentor - a lion for peace.

Yesterday something really cool happened:

Here I am...as many of you know...actively engaged in a job search...and a divorce...My Mom just died, and I lost a great amount of weight (Yaaay - I did the impossible!) and look about 15 years younger then I did 10 years ago. By all rights, in most people's worlds I could be suffering a lot. Not me. I am invigorated. I view all of my challenges as part of my mission for Kosen Rufu...(world peace) by confronting and changing my life from the inside out, I can actually change the world. I have been chanting to change in any way necessary to achieve VICTORY in every part of my life. I have been chanting to feel President Ikeda's heart....and to have him chanting right alongside me.

As far as the job goes...I have made many positive causes in my job search...I've given out about 200 of my contact cards to business associates I know through my various affiliations. I've attended many networking events...I know the right position is there to be created...I am not worried about it.

Yesterday though, I started thinking OK...NOW would be a good time to secure a job. I am giving a talk at a job club on June 18th, and it would be ideal to be working on a final agreement for a job by then or sooner.

So I sat in front of the Gohonzon (scroll) and chanted deeply, quickly, loudly - from my belly, really feeling my prayer. I said in my brain : I have made all the causes necessary. I have done the work...NOW it is time for you Buddhist forces that are within my life to move! NOW you must show me actual proof of my efforts. I am a votary of the Lotus Sutra - it is MY RIGHT to demand the answer to my prayers.

And the PHONE RANG!

It was precisely as I pictured it. The person on the line was a professional of the highest caliber whom I respect immensely. I had invited her to work on a project benefiting seniors earlier this year.
She said my name had been raised in a meeting that morning, and she was wondering if I might be interested in having a brainstorming discussion about an unadvertised opening they were creating. They didn't have a title for it...and she thought I could be the perfect person to take their project to the next level. It would involve me being able to use all my resources and bring in many of the fine professionals I know.
This position would be 5 minutes from home.

I said "Of course! I'm honored! Thank you!"

And today I received another interesting job offer.
Who knows what will happen, but isn't it exciting?

I'm on a role. DAIMOKU WORKS!!!!! TRY IT! TRY IT POWERFULLY!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your stories. It's really inspiring and makes me want to chant more. I'm facing a problem now. I hope that I can overcome it fully. Thank you, Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete