Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thriving, not just Surviving...!

Magical Moments:

Ben came home from his meet and we chanted really strongly together...chanting with Ben is like running with him...strong, fast, determined...you literally get warm...

After we chanted he suggested we listen to our favorite album of our dear friend Peppinos D'Agostino's music and started listening to that. The music from that particular album is magical. It is not our imagination...it is truly incredible in feeling, tone...passion...It captured a time in Peppino's life, and in our lives, when we were hanging out together all the time...Ben was two years old...Peppino was crazy about Ben and nicknamed him Benjamino (and we still call him that). We all saw each other every day. We lived blocks away from each other on one of the tallest hills in San Francisco...and the music on this album...well it was the soundtrack to our lives.

Music this beautiful just doesn't come along that often...and Ben and I played every song, and savored every note, and shared so much love and appreciation for the rich life we have shared together. Thriving, not surviving...

I know that these are my last few months with Ben before great changes occur...he goes to college...I move out...

Ben's creating some beautiful music himself...he's composed three complete songs with witty lyrics, and has 2 more almost done. He's performing at an open mic on Thursday...

I am about to go back to my Gohonzon right now and chant in complete appreciation...just as I was doing this morning when I did morning Gongyo and chanted in appreciation then... in praise of my own...precious...life.

No comments:

Post a Comment