Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Young People Rock!

Tonight's District Meeting had 6 youth!

I am once again blown away by the level of fortune in my life. Every day is so full and flowing with fortune and benefit...even now when I have been laid off and am looking for a job. 

On Monday I drove 5 hours each way to get my son Ben from college for winter break, and we had an incredible time together. He is going through a real life awakening (as his poem I posted here in September shows), and he is really grateful for me and his practice of Buddhism. He is discovering his mission in life and exploring the realm of alternative education. 

My older son Aaron is enjoying every moment of Medical School, feeling that he is absolutely in the right place a the right time. It's a perfect fit. The culture of his Medical School, his fellow students, his housemates, his daily practice of Buddhism, the classes...everything is perfect. 

All week I've been thinking how nice it would be if they came to the meeting tonight, but I didn't want to push them. I know they are both really busy; Ben is completing a paper for school and Aaron is in the middle of testing. 

Mid-day Ben called to tell me he was planning on coming to the meeting and performing, and when I let Aaron know Ben was coming, Aaron found the time to come. We also had Zara (our songbird) and her friend Yammy. Alex came to lend his special brand of wisdom and Deb's daughter Kirsten came for the very first time! We even had a future division member, little Andy with us tonight. 

The room was filled with energy. President Ikeda talks about the youth leading the way for Kosen Rufu (World Peace) in the 21st century and he is absolutely right! These young people who grasp the power of the mystic law are unstoppable. They are developing and showing actual proof and ready to inspire and lead. 

All the members in the meeting benefited from the youthful presence. We did Gongyo together and discussed key aspects of Buddhism. Afterwards we had chili and cake. 

Everyone left invigorated and inspired by the strength of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. 

Once again I encourage you to join your fellow SGI members. Contact your local SGI organization by searching on SGI International and join your fellow members. It's the only way to get the full benefit from chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Coming together to study and share experiences amplifies all our benefits. 

I would love to hear your SGI meeting experiences. Have any of you connected for the first time, or reconnected? 

No comments:

Post a Comment