Tuesday, April 8, 2014

When We Change the World Changes ~ PowerPrayer and Quote

It's Spring in Some Parts of the World! 

Yesterday I could FEEL your Daimoku for me and my son. Thank you so much. 

And I could feel the power of my own prayer, vow and determination. 
After I wrote yesterday's blog 
I chanted this 

Power Prayer to Love MySELF 
and Change the World!
By Jamie Lee Silver from Chantforhappiness.com 

Life!
Gohonzon!
By the power vested in me as a Votary of the lotus Sutra 
I hereby bring from within my life  
Extreme love of my life itself! 
I love myself more than I have ever loved myself.
I Glow! 
Let my light shine brighter 
and help more people every day! 
Make every moment of the day, 
every thought in my mind,  
every breath I breathe 
be a positive cause 
for my life and for everyone's life. 
I am living as the Buddha at each moment...
I AM the Buddha who lives with the desire for happiness for the whole world through happiness for herself. 
Shoten Zenjin! 
Protective Forces of the Universe
Come down from that Gohonzon
and come forth from within my life
root yourselves in this planet, 
in all of our lives, 
in all I touch
and in my son's mind, body and life.
Let me inspire people TODAY 
in the midst of my challenges! 
Through my challenges I will change the world! 

~~~~~

And what a fantastic day! I had lunch with a remarkable woman who is going to be my great friend and is coming to the Gosho Lecture at my house tomorrow. 
I spent time with a brilliant executive at my company. We had a deep dialogue that planted seeds for many new advances in my ability to help others through what I do. 

And I went to the hospital to see my son. 
He actually picked up the guitar and played one of his original compositions for me and another family. He has not played that song in over a year. 

As I was closing my eyes to sleep I could feel your Daimoku. I could feel it. And I appreciate all the  encouraging emails. Thank you so much. 

I am more determined than ever to defeat this devil of an illness and to help all the families who are being rocked to the core by it. I'm determined that my son live a valuable and happy life. And I am determined that YOU who are reading this blog WIN in all aspects of your life! 

In the April 4th World Tribune Guadalupe Calderon quoted President Ikeda's guidance on page B

"When we change, 
the world changes. 
The key to all change 
is in our inner transformation ~ 
a change in our hearts and minds. 
This is human revolution. 
We all have the power to change. 
When we realize this truth of life, 
we can bring forth that power anywhere, 
anytime and in any situation." 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie - my name is Priyanka and I've been chanting for the last 6th months and my neighbor was the one who introduced me to the practice. The last year I have fallen into a tremendously deep, deep depression - and I realized I've felt depressed ever since I was little. People keep on telling me it's something I'm going to deal with the rest of my life but I refuse to believe and accept their views. I'm receiving my own Gohonzon on Saturday and my depression has been feeling worse for the last week, do you think it's because I'm making such a positive cause that the depression is trying to hold on. I need some encouragement and some positive energy to know that I WILL OVERCOME DEPRESSION AND UNHAPPINESS ONE AND FOR ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priyanka, firstly, I would like to let you know how strong you are and it's inspiring to see that. I have been practicing for a little over a year now and I can tell you that when you want to change something in your life, it's extremely important a) that it comes out of a larger cause or what people refer to as KosenRufu and b) We keep our focus and wholehearted determination only on that goal and nothing else - not how it was in the past, not how you suffered due to it, not what your friends say. It's simple, you want to change your life for the better, you do just that. When you chant, feel the joy of being happy, loved and healthy. True happiness also lies in the happiness of others, so pray for it. Keep the focus intact and the prayer most honest. And if there's anything additional you can do to cange your life in small ways everyday, do it. And after that, let it go for the rest of the day. Soon, a happy, light life will become the only reality you know, nothing else. Remember, the world only believes what you show them. So change needs to come from within you not outside. All the very best :)

    ReplyDelete