Thursday, July 24, 2014

Going into Surgery with Strength

Hi, tomorrow I go in for surgery.

All week I have been going from emotion to emotion about this. Yesterday I had some acupuncture done and have felt much calmer since then. 

Last night we had a great meeting here on the nature of absolute happiness. Happiness is not things. It is not status. There is no end to wanting those things. I have a friend who has everything, family, nice home, you name it...and he once lamented about the Bentley car a neighbor had. There is no end to the search for happiness derived from fleeting things of this world. 

That is why I concentrate on chanting for strength. When you have strength life itself is a joy. Life Itself is a joy. In this month's Living Buddhism on page 33, in the New Human Revolution Volume 26, chapter 2, installments 30-42 Daisaku Ikeda writes:

"Strong people can be said to have a firm sense of purpose in life, or deeply held convictions or true friends. We, in the Soka Gakkai, have all three. We have the lofty purpose of realizing kosen-rufu and attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime. And we have the unshakable conviction that in upholding Nichiren Buddhism we can achieve indestructible happiness for ourselves and others. Finally, we have trusted comrades in faith and a Soka family united in a network of friendship, where we mutually encourage and support one another."

So I enter into surgery tomorrow in a high life state. I will be chanting for some time later...and focusing on showing actual proof through my life, and focusing on having a little bit of time to accomplish some goals as I am healing. It is hernia surgery...not related to any illness...just a repair that needs to be fixed. This will happen tomorrow the 25th, not sure what time yet. 

Thanks for your Daimoku!

Thank you for your notes of encouragement! 
My heart is with all of YOU! 

Write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com, Or, if you'd like to send a written note my address is 17W702 Butterfield, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181. USA

No comments:

Post a Comment