Thursday, September 24, 2015

Daimoku Campaign Tips

(You can now subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box to the right)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anyone who has ever made a resolution discovers that the strength of that determination fades in time. The moment you feel that is when you should make a fresh determination. Tell yourself, “OK! I will start again from now!” If you fall down seven times, get up an eighth. Don’t give up when you feel discouraged—just pick yourself up and renew your determination each time."

Daisaku Ikeda, Ikedaquotes.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started my two hour a day Daimoku Campaign on Sunday, and the whole world looks different today. 

No matter how many years I have been chanting, I am still blown away by the power of Daimoku, the power within my own life. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo taps into that brilliance, that power within. 

Making a new Daimoku target and sticking with it has power in itself...it serves to draw a line in the sand for our happiness. And every time we accomplish our Daimoku goal we feel the victory in our lives. At the same time, WHILE we are chanting, wisdom is pouring into our lives. 
Solutions to problems magically appear...and inside our hearts we begin to dance. 

People write me to ask many technical questions. How long should I chant? Does it matter if I chant in the car or in front of my Gohonzon? (Yes, I think it matters, but you can chant in the care anyway - your main practice is in front of the Gohonzon!) 
How do I do a Daimoku Campaign?

Thhat there are no hard and fast "rules" in this practice. Maybe a Daimoku campaign for you is chanting 15 minutes in the evening and 15 minutes in the morning. That will change your life if you haven't been chanting that much Daimoku. 

Maybe a campaign for you is actually committing to Gongyo twice a day. Maybe it's a full hour every morning....

The important thing is to have a goal!

We can make our own campaign and build from it. 
Start with more than you are doing now. Start with a goal you can achieve. And find a buddy to do it with you!

I know from experience that two hours a day brightens my life...it helped me get through my Mom's death and it is raising me from the sadness I've been feeling with Ben's death. I still honor him every moment, but KNOW he would want me to be happy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"People do not grow when their environment is too comfortable, when they are not challenged. It is in the midst of suffering and hardship that strength of character is formed.

Daisaku Ikeda, Ikedaquotes.org" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. I have just started a "100 days - 1 hour a day" campaign, because the job hunting (amongst other things) will soon start again and at the moment it is a challenge to get up early enough in the morning and chant before I go out of the house. ...but as you said - the difference once I get into the rhythm is soo noticeable. Best regards Astrid (Salbei13 on twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your faith in your words.
    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge kyo.
    Would you send some positive daimoku my way? I could use it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. May you be happy. You and your family

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this inspiring tip - my goal is three hours a day :-)




    some times not able to do

    ReplyDelete