Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Song for you by John Denver - "For You"



John Denver ~ part of my heart and soul. 
I share this beautiful song with you from my heart to yours. 
I hope you enjoy it. You can find many more of his songs on YouTube. His heart was Buddhist, his life was lived for the entire world. He was a great and positive influence in my life from my earliest days ... and he still is...his music...his heart...lives forever! 

A few short days from now, on October 7th I'll be heading to Aspen Colorado to join a group of people who convene there every year to sing his songs, to laugh, to hike, and to be together! That a thrill!

This morning I chanted for two hours as if it were two minutes. One month from today I will complete 30 years of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to the Gohonzon. 
I am in a deep dialogue with my life to have peace of mind, a feeling of flowing at one with the universe, happiness and purpose...

I'll be chanting two hours a day between now and my anniversary...and writing my goals. Join me! You can set your sights on any date you please, November 18th, or a significant date for you. There are no hard and fast "rules" to creating your own campaign...it is whatever works for you. I want to dig deeper...to understand more fully, and to dance as the Boddhisatva I AM...along with YOU my dear friends! 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful song, Jamie. You inspire me so deeply. I very much want to join you in chanting to fulfill my goals and dreams. I will make this commitment now! I have a hard time sitting still, my brain spinning and churning. How do I fulfill this commitment to myself without making it a painful austerity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song and sentiments. I'll be chanting on October 12th. Have an enjoyable and safe trip to Aspin. Best always....

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was my favourite too although we never could get to hear his songs so easily. But I always loved his songs.Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Janie, I wish you a very hapy birtday tomorrow! Lots of love, warmth and joy around you . I will also chant for the truehappiness of Ben. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poems, prayers and promises
    Things that we believe in
    How sweet it is to love someone
    How right it is to care
    How long it's been since yesterday
    What about tomorrow, what about our dreams
    And all the memories we share....

    Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
    Miss you John...

    Takes me back to high school..thanks Jamie

    ReplyDelete