Friday, September 25, 2009

Great Benefits - Practice for Oneself and Others

Practitioners of this Buddhism live by several outstanding ideals. One o them is "Practice for Oneself and Others"

Our lives are the most filled with benefits when we are chanting and encouraging each other...in fact...it is essential to our own happiness to be also working toward the happiness of others.

Here are some recent highlights and benefits surrounding my life and Daimoku Campaign:

Birthday week! Such a great week! I got two really unexpected surprises on my birthday that touched my heart!

One is the start of a whole new friendship that will bring me great joy!

The other was a magnificent arrangement of flowers...from someone so dear in my heart...the most beautiful flowers I have ever received...with sunflowers that look as striking right now as they did four days ago.

And I'm not the only one with great things happening. Every week I've been getting together with three friends to chant. Tonight we met again. These great friends are having benefits all over the place.

Jenny's about to go to a nine week Bikram Yoga teacher training...and is also buying a new condo "in heaven" on the 14th floor really close to where I live...she also had some realizations that have made a huge difference in her life.

Mary's about to go on a Wisdom course single's cruise and she's lost 8 pounds and looks better than ever!

Melissa has such cool benefits in the works that will be shared at a later time.

And me...well...my Mom had to have a procedure done today to help stabilize her heart rhythm and she's in great shape. I chanted my daimoku for her this morning and she truly had angels around her for the whole procedure...angels in the form of incredible nurses and Doctors at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove. Tomorrow Ben goes to Homecoming, I go to Bikram Yoga for the first time and my friend Eddie Lee comes into town!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment