Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Oneness of Mentor and Disciple

This is another term we use in the practice of this Buddhism.

"The oneness of Mentor and Disciple"

Now, I don't know about you, I love the term "mentor", but I'm not so crazy about the term "disciple".
What could be a better word for disciple? I haven't thought of one yet. Maybe you will. Let me know...

I really want to explain the concept to you because it is actually very, very cool.
I've mentioned Daisaku Ikeda several times on this blog. He is the President of the Soka Gakkai, the worldwide organization dedicated to education, peace and culture. He is dedicating his life to Kosen Rufu (a world that honors and respects the dignity of life - a world without war and prejudice ~ a peaceful world). And when I say dedicating his life, I really mean that. He works every single moment toward this goal. He has written more than 200 books, lofty tomes, not light reading. He has met with world leaders everywhere...He has received over 250 honorary doctorates from universities around the world. He has founded Soka grade schools, high schools and universities. We have our own Soka University in Alisa Viejo California...built from the ground up ~ dedicated to the education of World Citizens...its goal is to produce people of the highest caliber who want to make a positive difference in the world.
And the way I personally think of Daisaku Ikeda is like this:
he is like a motor spinning faster than I can imagine. When I connect my ichinen, my intention, my prayer, to his energy...I can move that much faster.
This morning as I was leading the daimoku (chanting of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo) in the Illinois Area Activity Center in Woodale (on Irving Park Rd.) I asked for Daisaku Ikeda to come and join me in my prayers...I chanted that he be with us the whole time I was chanting...and that each person chanting with me experience a closer connection to their own life than ever before...that they connect so powerfully to who they really are...that they experience a huge breakthrough from this half hour of chanting. I was chanting for President Ikeda's energy to be right there in the room with us. I know I was glowing...I know we were all chanting very strongly...I know it was what we like to call "FIGHTING DAIMOKU!" when you're chanting so strongly that the energy of it all just makes you sweat!!!! Man.....it is so worth doing! You can do it alone or with others...it is so much fun with others!
I hope everyone reading this gets to experience this feeling.
When you chant this way you KNOW, deep in your bones, and with every fiber of your being that no matter what you are facing - you will win!!!!! And then you see the results of it in your life. No kidding! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment