Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise Benefits

You know, sometimes benefits come when you least expect them...and you may even fight against them. I experienced that yesterday.
I have a really busy week, today I ran a huge event at my retirement home and tonight I have a Buddhist meeting in Downers Grove Illinois - all are welcome!

Yesterday my husband came home and said he wanted to buy a car...had it all picked out and everything...he'd done his shopping. He asked me to go with him to buy it and I just felt so pushed to my limits!
"Why now?" I asked..."I'm too busy...tomorrow is my huge event!! Noooo."

But he convinced me and I headed out with him. It turns out he'd found a great deal on a car that has On Star, it plays my ipod over the speakers, it has XM radio, and the seats actually raise up so I can see over the steering wheel. It really is perfect. In the end I am very happy and this really is a benefit, but mannnn, I was kicking and screaming!

Sometimes, when you're chanting a lot, you just have to trust and go with the flow and not kick and scream so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment