Monday, July 11, 2011

How to Chant for what you want

I've had some more questions about techniques of chanting. 


First of all, remember that you are not chanting to something outside your life....you are chanting to your very life itself...and the life of the entire universe.  Through chanting Daimoku you have the keys to access the power of the universe. There is no need to beg. There is a need to VOW, and DETERMINE...and to clearly tell your life that you want results from your chanting NOW!!!


That's the power of chanting Daimoku. And please, do not chant under your breath! Chant as if you mean it! You are speaking to the universe...be strong. Take deep breaths, remember to breathe. Breathe from your belly...feel the energy surging through your body. SIT UP STRAIGHT! Be STRONG! You're chanting! Chant strongly. 


And a question was asked about doing Gongyo. When you do Gongyo you are speaking the Buddha's words. YOU ARE THE BUDDHA. I believe that is the purpose of doing gongyo...and it puts you in rhythm. It is very important, and once you know how to do it...it's fun! 


Do Gongyo and Daimoku every single day - twice a day...and make your list of what you want...and go for it! Take action! You can't just chant, you must also take action. Buddhism is common sense! 


If I can achieve my goals - so can you. You have the same tools! Go for it!











4 comments:

  1. thank you, jamie. for clearing up my doubts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im daniela, from argentina. im beginning chanting. thanks for your blog. is there any place with chantings for inspiring me when i chant alone? i saw many in youtube, i dont't know if there is one better than the others. cheers. Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  3. what can be done when random thoughts cross your mind while chanting? where should my focus remain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I BEEN CHANTING FOR 2 MONTHS KNOW AN I REALLY ENJOY IT,I FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT MY LIFE,BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CHANTING FOR WHAT I WANT IN MY LIFE.SO I HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN AN THE UNIVERSE KNOWS EXECTLY WHAT IT IS I WANT? IM PRETTY CONFUSED ABOUT THAT PART..

    ReplyDelete