Saturday, March 24, 2012

On a Saturday Night...

I'm sitting here after a full day of having some of my best girlfriends over for a book club party. I tell you this because the fact that I have a circle of girlfriends is living proof of the karma that I have changed. 


I share this with you to give you hope. 


If I can have a close circle of girlfriends who know and love each other....well then...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! 


Anything is possible for you. No matter what your challenge is...no matter what you want to make happen...you can do it. 


I chanted for quite some time about this...for many years I felt like the loneliest person on earth. No matter what I did, no matter how I tried...it seemed no one wanted to be friends with me. People these days who know me can't believe such a thing could ever have been possible. These days I have more friends than I can count...more invitations than I can accept...and more fun than I ever could imagine. 


I used to watch Sex and the City and Waiting to Exhale and think "Oh if only I had a circle of girlfriends!"


And did I ever FIGURE OUT why I didn't have friends? No. Not really. All I did was chant to change the karma that kept me from having friends. I knew the responsibility was mine. Not the blame...the responsibility. I chanted to love myself. I chanted to grab hold of that friendless karma and throw if out the door. I chanted to have friends. 


And gradually...I saw changes happening in my life. I became a really social person. I learned how to network for business. I became a lover of meeting new people. I listened to what people told me about building business relationships...things like invite a new friend to go with you to networking events...and some of my business relationships turned into real friendships. 


One day I realized I had several very close friends that I loved...but they didn't know each other, so I started having small get togethers and my friends became friends. And now I have a widening circle and I'm content and happy with my friendships. 
And there is always room for more!


I never figured it out. NO. But I changed it through my daimoku and my actions. And you can change anything you want to change too. It's pretty simple when you think about it. 


First, chant to make the changes in your own life so that your circumstances will change. Chant for the wisdom to know what to do to accomplish your goals. Then take the action to make it happen. You can do it! If I did it so can you. So can you!

1 comment:

  1. I really dont believe this.!! yesterday was sunday and i was feeling exactlyyyy exactly the same..tht no matter how hard i try, i have no try girlfriends!! I used to watch Sex n the city program n feel the same.. I have been chanting to be a good friend myself..will share my victory soon.

    (I am tania from India(delhi). I read ur blog everyday..truly inspiring..pls continue doing that..Thank u soo very much)

    ReplyDelete