Thursday, November 14, 2013

How to use PowerPrayers While Chanting





A reader wrote me with this question. 

How do I use a PowerPrayer? 

The real answer is to read them and internalize them. There are many PowerPrayers posted on this blog, and I am soon to release my book PowerPrayers for Chanting for Your Absolute Happiness and Success. (I'm currently ready to find the right literary agent - Agents can contact me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com)

While we are chanting we can actually pray them in our minds as we are chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo (Daimoku) over and over. (Of course we don't have to use PowerPrayers. We can chant whatever is in our hearts, and chant naturally as Daisaku Ikeda says. But I have found, and many have proven, that using these PowerPrayers helps focus our prayers for results. That is why I offer them to you.) 

This morning I chanted for a long time. I have a job interview today, and want to be very focused and alert. 

Many thoughts came into my mind while I was chanting, and I asked myself "What do I want? What do I really want out of this session of chanting?" and I realized that today I want to increase my confidence and experience life as the Buddha I am. I want to end this day not thinking "Oh I wish I'd said that...I wish I'd done that..." So I brought some PowerPrayers to mind. 

I chanted the PowerPrayer "I PRAISE MY LIFE" over and over, until the I was actually praising my life as I was chanting...I was not just thinking about it. I was praising my life. 
I chanted to "Raise my life condition, and to experience every moment of this day as the Buddha I am." I let the prayers run freely in my mind. "I see throught the eyes of the Buddha, I feel with the heart of the Buddha. I am determined to get the best job for kosen-rufu...so I don't have to worry about anything.  I trust my Buddha nature to be present and with me through the whole afternoon." 

This is PowerPrayer in action! 

No comments:

Post a Comment