Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Victory! Actual Proof!

Mike Menard got his Gohonzon last night 
at the Chicago Buddhist Center

What a victory! Daimoku WORKS! All of us have been focusing on having breakthroughs for November 18th, right? I have been chanting for youth division...for ALL young people to wake up to the infinite potential in their lives, for them to regain hope and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo...and to be able to mentor at least one youth by Novemebr 18th. Over this past weekend I just chanted all day. I felt great and strong and my life condition was high, so I felt I already achieved a victory inside my life, but I also wanted the actual proof of my prayers so that I could inspire you!  

Well, on Sunday, shortly after a super storm roared through the Chicago area (there were four members here with me chanting at the time ~ and they helped me bring in the patio furniture so it would not come crashing through the patio doors! Such protection! Thank you my friends!) I got a call from Mike Menard, the young man in the center of this picture. He told me Kris Saunders, on the left, our Greater Chicago YMD Region leader, had given him my number. Mike said he'd been practicing for two months, had just moved to Downers Grove and was ready to get his Gohonzon! How awesome! 

We arranged for him to receive it downtown at the Commemorative Gongyo the evening of the 18th. 
Mike has a fascinating story. We will tell it all in detail soon. But for right now I will tell you he has been homeless for many years, and was introduced to the practice by a friend in Binghamton New York. From the moment he began chanting he felt the power of his infinite potential. He has been chanting every day to stabilize his life. He feels the power of Daimoku and is eager to study and learn! Tonight we enshine his Gohonzon, and tomorrow he and his brother will be attending the Downers Grove District meeting at my house. We are embracing him and are totally dedicated to him achieving his life-long dreams, learning about this practice, and using his life experience to inspire others! He has an incredibly seeking mind and feels he has come home. I remember the feeling. I remember the feeling. And I still feel it as strongly, even after almost 30 years of practicing! 

Wherever you are in achieving your goals for November 18th, whatever you do, do not give up! Honor your life, praise your life, realize you the the Buddha, you are the infinite potential of life itself and keep chanting no matter what. 

Please keep emailing me your challenges, your successes and your questions at chantforhappiness@gmail.com. I will never share anything you send me without your written permission. 

1 comment:

  1. ON 18th November , i came to know of my ear defect!... :-( i was constantly chanting to remove the poor health karma out of my body! don't know my chant is working or.. not
    but i am depressed... i was determined to do 1- million daimoku.. i reached to the 26hour,
    why i got the negative effect?



    ReplyDelete