Tuesday, July 7, 2015

PowerPrayer for Turning Grief into Determination

Ben and Aaron

You know, the main thing is always the same: 
do not be discouraged and do not give up. 

I have been thinking of you constantly and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo (I fuse my life with the mystic law of cause and effect through sound vibration - this one phrase is the basis of Nichiren Buddhist practice) that not one of you gets discouraged because our beloved Ben died. Believe me, I am cycling with every emotion...from appreciation to sadness to anger to wonderment. 

But not for a moment am I discouraged. No. I am more 
en-couraged than ever. I feel the power in my Daimoku so strongly. I am chanting to encourage all of you through my words and actions. 

The past few days I have been busy designing two ceremonies...one Buddhist ceremony and another Life Celebration. I would love for you to share your ceremony ideas with me at chantforhappiness.com. 

Ben's Life Celebration that will be incredible. His Life IS an inspiration.
I think the entire town of Downers Grove, Illinois will turn out. We will be standing room only. 

For the past few days I have had a steady stream of visitors through my doors...all telling stories of Ben's incredible drive and inspiration. He was the kind of runner who pushed other runners to be their best and was respected by all. Part of his Life Celebration will be giving people the time to take the mic and tell their stories about Ben. I am really looking forward to that with all my heart. 

Tonight as I was chanting I was writing a PowerPrayer for You. PowerPrayers are meant to be read before chanting, and their determinations can enforce the power of our connection while we are chanting.

Here it is:

PowerPrayer for Turning Grief Into Determination
By Jamie Lee Silver of ChantforHappiness.com

Life!
Now is the crucial moment of my faith
Now I must muster up more faith than ever before!
I MUST see the value in this death somehow. 
Through my beloved one's death I am determined to understand the eternity of life and death with my life...not just my intellect. 

I know within the depths of my heart that this, 
even THIS, 
is the answer to my prayers. 
And part of my true mission in life. 

I am determined to create value at every moment...for me...for my family...for my friends...and for every person who has ever lost a loved one. 

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo 
I am STILL the fierce lioness for my loved one
I am Still fighting for the happiness of his/her eternal life. 

With every Daimoku I am changing his karma and renewing my vow for kosen rufu (world peace through individual transformation). 

From this moment on I am transforming his karma, and mine! 

In my love one's next life time he/she will be free to soar! 
He/she will be able to FULLY EXPRESS every talent.

My loved one will come back into this world, 
or the world of their choosing, 
hearing Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
My loved one will have a house filled with Daimoku, laughter, and happy Buddhas. 

My loved one will have a clear, healthy mind, a strong healthy body, and a steady, strong determined spirit. 
All my loved one's greatest strengths will remain!
While the prior struggles are erased by my Daimoku.

My loved on will live a life with no regrets...in the sun...in the warmth...in a happy environment. 

My loved one will know peace, absolute happiness and fulfillment.  

My loved one's life, and death makes a difference. 
May my loved one's struggles and triumphs inspire the world! 


If you wish to contact me please email me at Chantforhappiness.com or write to Jamie Lee Silver at 17w702 Butterfield #104, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA, 60181

7 comments:

  1. Its really tragic after hearing about dear ben...im deeply sad about his death...i pray for courage and unlimited strength for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see so much beauty in your post... so much love to help transform our world. <3 Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly Jamie u have been a great inspiration to us all! I had u n Ben in my prayers. You really make me think deep about parting n reason for our existence. Wishing you lots of courage. Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Jamie are true inspiration to us all. My heartfelt prayers are with u. May u realise everything u set out for dear Ben.
    Regards, Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly Jamie u have been a great inspiration to us all! I had u n Ben in my prayers. You really make me think deep about parting n reason for our existence. Wishing you lots of courage. Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Ben surpassed the average suffering of the common folks. You elevated faith, resilience, courage a notch over. You brought the value of Nam-myoho-remnge- kyo to those who suffer from mental illness more than you can ever imagine. My deep appreciation to yoy

    ReplyDelete