Saturday, November 7, 2015

Greet the Gohonzon (Your LIFE) With Enthusiasm!


I'll tell you, I am in love with chanting two hours a day. I just feel so positive and in rhythm. I have three people coming to chant every morning, and some available in the evenings. Right now I aim for two hours in the morning, plus a half hour on the treadmill. I feel fantastic. When I feel healthy and am working out and looking great everything changes. 

All I had to do to do this is to suffer enough to make the determination that I wasn't going to suffer anymore. That's it! Then follow through with my promises to myself. 

Yesterday I went to a beautiful concert of Brahms Requiem by getting free tickets for pledging money to my local classical music station. I went with one of my SGI friends...and discovered that the Requiem is all about comforting the grieving. It was sung in English, as Brahms intended it to be sung ~ in the correct language for each country. 

Beautiful. 

Today I'm heading off for an art fair and a folk music festival and I'm excited about both on this beautiful fall day! 

Recently, I moved my Butsudan lower so I can get closer to the Gohonzon when I chant. And I am following the guidance to fall in love with the Gohonzon. Every time I chant, I'm chanting like I'm meeting a long lost lover...which is, of course, my own life! If we can't love ourselves, then who can we love...?

I'm looking at each of the characters and appreciating and loving each one...and loving the Gohonzon as a whole. 

As my friend in Mark Lutnes suggests, greet the Gohonzon as enthusiastically as you would a friend. If you see your friend and just drone a lackluster hello, your friend will feel greeted, but not enthusiastically. If you say HELLO FRIEND and greet them with a smile and a hug and are sincerely excited to see them, they will respond in kind. It's like that when we greet the Gohonzon, our lives! What do we want to generate? Supreme happiness and appreciation! Yes! 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this much appreciated so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this much appreciated so lovely

    ReplyDelete