Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just 5 Minutes!

Five Minutes of chanting with your full, open heart can change your life and can change the lives of others. I am not saying that there is no value in chanting for longer periods of time...I am illustrating the fact that change can come quickly!

A Five Minute Story:

When I lived in San Francisco my dear friend, a Harvard Ph.D. had a daughter who was in trouble. Her daughter was on a downward spiral, and had been on one for quite some time. She was repeatedly running away from treatment centers, getting expelled, and had recently ended up in jail. My friend said all she wanted was for her daughter to be allowed back into the last treatment center she'd run away from. She said her daughter wanted to return to the last treatment center  also. 
It was Thanksgiving. I said "OK, FIVE MINUTES. Chant with me for FIVE minutes. I can't tell you what will happen but it will be a profound cause for each of your lives."

We chanted for FIVE MINUTES. That's all. And we chanted with all our hearts. We called her daughter and she said she wanted to chant too. My friend left my house and went to jail to see her daughter. She and her daughter chanted for 20 minutes together...for her daughter to get BACK into the place she'd just run away from. 

And guess what happened? 

NO!! She did NOT get back into the same place! NO she ended up finding out about a treatment center a million times better, a place in Colorado that would also her beautician skills that she wanted to learn, and this place would NEVER, EVER kick her out for running away. 

This place saved my friend's daughter's life. 

FIVE MINUTES of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo can be life changing. 

Just think what you can do in a longer time if you truly believe....if you truly connect with the Gohonzon and chant to deepen your faith...chant to understand Daisaku Ikeda's heart with your own life....chant to have the wisdom to see the way forward in everything you do! Chant to have the kind of benefit TODAY that will deepen your faith. 

THIS MOMENT IS SO IMPORTANT!!! 

I know we sometimes chant out of habit...because we are keeping our commitment to chant. But think about it...what could you accomplish with focus, intention, belief and determination. 

I wrote myself a new affirmation and I'll share it with you:

"I am actively creating the life of my dreams 
every single second of every day...
no matter what it looks like...
no matter how it feels...
no matter what obstacles arise. 
every day I am filled with confidence 
that I am in the right place 
at the right time
Taking action based on wisdom 
flowing from within my life
I see and I know and I move toward
all things excellent, exciting, 
wonderful, happy, successful, loving and free."





No comments:

Post a Comment