Sunday, January 13, 2013

Powerful Prayers create Powerful Connection



Ben and I enjoying the 96th of the John Hancock Center together. 

This morning I was sad about my son going back to college. 

I woke up very early. We had one last hug and he left. 

I put my phone away, made some tea, got some water and put my pen and journal next to me. 

For the next two hours I chanted with my full heart and attention. 

I chanted to expand my capacity in every possible way...to expand my capacity for love, 
to expand my capacity for excellent health, to strengthen my mind's thought processes so I can continue to create the life of my dreams, 
to strengthen my life from the inside and raise my life condition, 
to change internally so I can create change externally.
I chanted to break through my doubt and my fear and unleash the limitless power of the Gohonzon in my life. 

I chanted for every single reader of this blog to be encouraged, strong, and resolved, and that no matter what, you do not stop chanting or give up hope. 

I chanted for all the members of my district and for all my friends and family. 

I chanted for Chicago Zone and for the meeting at the Chicago Buddhist Center today to be amazing and unifying. 

I chanted for our country and our world. 

I chanted to show actual proof with every fiber of my being, and to be able to inspire people. 

I chanted for peace of mind. 

I chanted to rise above my own doubts and to connect with President Ikeda's heart every moment of every day.  

I only looked up from the Gohonzon a couple of times. Two hours of chanting felt like ten minutes. 

Tonight as I write this I am filled with the energy from this Daimoku. I have been laughing and enjoying every moment of this day. The meeting at the Chicago Buddhist Center was wonderful and filled with joy. I just watched the Golden Globes and laughed and cried. I am looking forward to tomorrow's new day. 

I am hoping this inspires you to dig deep, leave your cell phone in the other room and connect with your own life force in front of the Gohonzon. Sometimes it takes some sadness to generate this kind of Daimoku. 

I am so grateful to have this tool in my life. So grateful for every moment I spend connecting to my life, to all of life, through chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment