Friday, May 10, 2013

Launching our Lives into the Future ~ from this moment forth

"Hon Nim Myo"
Power Prayer ~ 
From this Moment Forth ~ 
I will believe in my own Buddhahood and experience myself as the Buddha I am! 

Buddhism does not concern itself with the past. No. It focuses on RIGHT NOW, and the the causes that we are making at this moment...leading up to the effects we will create from today's causes. 

That is why we talk about "Hon Nim Myo" - meaning "From this moment forth."

Every time we chant we are making a powerful cause for our lives...we are tuning our lives to the rhythm of the entire universe, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Our chanting affects right now, our near future and our eternal future. Ever time we chant...every single time. 

A Power Prayer from this moment forth:

From this moment forth I focus my energies on becoming the best person I can possibly be. Today I see myself as the glorious Buddha I am. I realize anew, and see anew, my own powerful Buddhahood. I wash away all the illusion that I am not the Buddha. I release my life from complaint, from blame, from guilt and all emotions that do not serve me. Instead I bring in thoughts and feelings of appreciation and hope. I am determined to keep realizing, every single day, that I am the Buddha and my life is up to me. NOW is the time to dig deep. Now I demand results from this prayer. I WILL___________________(fill in your goal here). Today I strengthen my faith. I summon my faith. I pray with all my heart and my life responds! 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see more of these power prayer posts.

    ReplyDelete