Saturday, December 7, 2013

You Can Change ANYTHING through Chanting! YOU are the Buddha~




I know I say it over and over, and Daisaku Ikeda, and all of us KNOW that we are the Buddha...but how often do we chant in the sublime recongnition of being the Buddha and seeing through the Buddha's eyes? 

In our daily lives sometimes it seems there is just so much to chant for that we don't know where to start. Whenever I feel this way it is a signal to me to chant to see through the eyes of the Buddha and realize I am the Buddha at every moment. I also focus on chanting for others, kosen-rufu and elevating my life condition. 
If we have this perspectice on our lives it puts all of our problems into perspective. 

When I first began chanting almost 30 years ago in San Francisco I would ask my leaders "I am chanting every day, I am doing shakubuku with every breath I take, and I just bought a car so I can drive my beloved YWD to meetings...WHY am I having these personal problems?" 

And some of you have written me with similar questions. 

I was given this answer: "You are a leader for kosen-rufu...(world peace) one day, your members will come to you with problems just like you have now, and you will REALLY know how they feel, and you will know exactly how to encourage people." And they also told me that whatever I was going through, I was expiating karma from my life, and for my children's lives as well...seven generations back, and seven generations in the future. I learned to focus on the big picture...not just on all my problems, but on chanting for kosen-rufu and the happiness of my district members and all members...and the happiness of the whole world. Every day I would ask in my prayers while chanting "What is my mission in life? What is my mission in life?" and I knew the answer even as I was chanting...I knew I wanted to help people who were suffering like I was before I began chanting, and to help them find out about this practice and try it. 
Whoever you are - reading these words right now ~ I want you to know you HAVE found the solution, and you can use this practice to overcome suffering of ANY kind. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, practicing with the SGI, challenging yourself to understand and live the mentor/disciple relationship, studying and introducing others to this practice is the formula for incredible happiness and strength. One day, you will look back on the hard times and realize they were golden moments that strengthened your life and your practice! 

My life proves it. 
Your life will prove it too. 
We Soka Gakkai members are proving the power of the law with our lives. 

We can solve financial hardships, health problems, weight issues, relationship problems...we can stop worrying and start enjoying life. We can find better places to live, and deepen all our relationships. We can evolve into beings living truly vibrant and fulfilling lives who contribute to the well being of others and stop suffering and start living. The Mystic law is THAT powerful. 

Whatever your challenge may be, the important thing is to not give up. I have had breakthrough after breakthrough this week. I got the job! My son is better! I am living each day with vibrant energy. I am studying this Buddhism. 

I have to run off to have a really wonderful day in my gorgeous city at the Art Institute. 

Please remember to chant for whatever you want. You do not have to ask anyone permission about chanting. Chant what is in your heart. There are no wrong prayers. If you want it...chant for it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment