Saturday, December 14, 2013

If I can Change My Karma So Can YOU!

Chicago at Night


All of us singing Christmas Carols at the Bean in Millenium Park

The domed Pool I've always loved!
The photos above are from last night...capping a magical week in which I got a wonderful job, met a wonderful man, and made many friends. The picture of the pool above is significant. This pool has always represented a dream of the "unattainable"...the way "other people live" and the glamorous life. I've been looking at this pool since I was a little girl and we would drive by it on our way from Oak Park to Evanston. Well...I have changed my karma and I feel that everything is possible...because I am a different person. I am so happy and full of gratitude. I have broken through my lesser self...I am experiencing life as the Buddha...something that is available to ALL of us through this practice. Last night I was at a party in this gorgeous high rise, and I've been asked to spend four days after Christmas housesitting in my new friend's gorgeous apartment overlooking all of Chicago...what a benefit! This apartment is walking distance to the theater district and perfectly situated on the magical lakefront.

I have seriously changed my karma! And as the title of this post says, "If I can do it so can you." There is no Buddha that is superior to another. I am awakened to the infinite potential in my life, and so are you. And if you don't give up...all YOUR dreams will come true too. Keep Going! Go Buddha Go! 

What is the key to absolute happiness? BUILDING the happiness from within through doing shakubuku, encouraging members, and winning over our own negativity. All of these benefits, the apartment, the job, etc. would have no real meaning if I didn't feel so different INSIDE. I am already happy. These "things" are a reflection of the changes I have achieved INSIDE. 

What did I change on the inside of my life?  I changed the fundamental tendency to be ashamed of my life. I changed the feeling  of being "un-loved." I always "knew" that I had to change this tendency to not love myself, and to somehow love myself. I KNEW that once I did this I would attract and recognize the deepest kind of love in my life. I knew this would draw my soulmate to me, but thinking about it and wishing for it was not the key to accomplishing it. No. I changed it by using Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to fight my own negativity, and by helping others to become absolutely happy. 

I think back to the days before November 18th when I was chanting to shakubuku a suffering youth. I chanted more than 10 hours in the few days before November 18th..."Let me find ONE youth that I can bring to get his/her Gohonzon...and this youth can find faith and encourage others...and on and on." And after that 10 hours I received a call from a young man whom I brought to get Gohonzon the next day. Somehow in those hours in front if the Gohonzon I realized the Gohonzon within my life...not with my mind..but IN my life. 

And here I am. In love with myself and all of life. I am sending you Daimoku on this day...going off to have another marvelous day, and thinking of you, all my friends all over the world, and saying Don't Give Up!!! Don't Give Up! 

Write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com. 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your Kosen Rufu job, Jamie! Good luck with your new romance - I'm happy for you! Lauren Takashima

    ReplyDelete