Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3 Ways to Generate Appreciation Right Now!




Everyone knows that Appreciation is a sure path to happiness, right? And we should generate appreciation every day. It is one of the keys to happiness and longevity and fulfillment. I'm researching Blue Zones, the areas where people live the longest and most fulfilling lives, and appreciation is a certain thread running through them all. 
Sometimes we need some ideas for generating appreciation. Enjoy!   


3 keys to Generating Appreciation 
Right Now, on this Very Fine Day. 
By Jamie Lee Silver from ChantforHappiness.com 

Write your own 
Rampage of Appreciation.
  
Take out your journal or a notepad. 

At the top of each page write these headlines (and any more that occur to you):

What I appreciate about:

My body
My heart
My mind
My practice of Buddhism
My friends
My work
My "things"
My Family
My country, city, home
My relationship(s)
......etc.

And under each category write everything you appreciate (or everything you CAN appreciate) about these aspects of you life. 


2
CHANT 
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo 

...the name of the rhythm of life itself, with your heart full of appreciation. Take note of what arises from your chanting about actions you might want to take to express your appreciation. 


3
 EXPRESS 
YOUR APPRECIATION
Write at least ONE heartfelt thank you note to someone you appreciate, and bring it to them. Write as many as you can, and send or deliver. I recommend hand-delivering them. In "Flourish", by Martin Seligman, he writes that people who hand deliver notes of appreciation experience a glow of happiness that can last for months. 

Look at us ~ spreading the joy! 

Write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com if you have comments about how this worked for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment