Monday, September 30, 2013

Strengthening our Practice = Strengthening Our Lives...PowerPrayer to Strengthen our Practice and Our Lives


In For Today and Tomorrow Daisaku Ikeda says:

"Strength is Happiness. 
Strength is itself victory. 
In weakness and cowardice there is no happiness. 
When you wage a struggle, 
you might win or you may lose. 
But regardless of the short-term outcome, 
the very fact of your continuing to struggle is proof of your victory as a human being. 
A strong spirit, strong faith and strong prayer ---
developing these is victory and the world of Buddhahood.

and ~ 

"Faith is Light.
The hearts of those with strong faith 
are filled with light. 
A radiance envelops their lives. 
People with unshakable conviction in faith 
enjoy a happiness
that is as luminous as the full moon on a dark night, 
as dazzling as the sun on a clear day."

Both quotes are from "For Today and Tomorrow, Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda.

How do we strengthen our practice? I believe it is in putting ourselves first...we put ourselves first by putting our practice first. When we put our practice first, the rest of our lives goes so much more smoothly. 

Stengthening our practice and putting our lives first is one of the primary keys to victory!

Please note: If you like this PowerPrayer do not just copy and paste it to share it! Please send links to chantforhappiness.com to share it. The buttons to do so are at the bottom of this post. Thanks! Jamie 


PowerPrayer to Establish a Strong Practice 
for Chanting My Way to Absolute Happiness! 

Life! 

I am determined to strengthen my practice and my LIFE 

I will chant every morning and every evening 
no matter what. 
I will no longer allow anything to stop me! 
My every Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is 10,000 times more powerful starting NOW! 
I am establishing the strongest practice imaginable 
and I am raising my LIFE CONDITION! I am the Buddha!
Every day I fully commit to myself:
I keep my promise to chant twice a day every day!

I know I really love and help others 
when I myself am strong and love myself!
I love telling people about  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo because my life is overflowing with benefits!

The more I chant, the more I want to chant. 
I look forward to my time with myself 
dialoguing with my own life
and discovering who I really am. 
I feel the connection more deeply every time I chant. 
I AM the Buddha! I can FEEL it! 
I see actual proof that my life condition is rising:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing can stop me from getting to discussion meetings 
and studying SGI periodicals and books. 
I am deepening my understanding of what I study with every Daimoku I chant. I am open to learning! 
My eyes are opening. My depth of understanding is growing! 
Study helps me to see the connection between my chanting 
and what I see happening in my life. 

What a privilege! 


No comments:

Post a Comment