Saturday, April 28, 2012

Do you Have to Write Your List of Goals?

Hello!


I received a question asking if goals really had to be written down. 


The answer is no. 


But it really works for me! 


I have been writing my goals for years, and I love having them to focus on when I run out of steam while I'm chanting. I have had so many goals that have come true...and I love looking back on them and documenting my life.  Writing goals has always worked for me. 


Did Shakyamuni advise writing your goals? I don't think so. 
Did Nichiren Daishonin? I'm not sure, but I haven't read every word he's written or said. 


Writing goals and determinations has always worked for me, so I continue to do it, and advise other people to do it. Like so many other aspects of this practice ~ it is entirely up to you!


When I write goals I draw a picture of how I want my life to be. My goals are written in narrative format as if they have already happened. Reading them inspires me! 


The most important thing is to chant...and keep chanting...and keep chanting. 


I'm in the beautiful rolling hills of Kentucky today taking a break from watching Aaron run in his last college track meet. The weather is beautiful even though the forecast called for rain. 
My Dad and Stepmom Janice are here and I am enjoying every moment of this glorious day. 


I love answering your questions and I love when you email me. 
What a wonderful life I have. 
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment