Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thanks for your responses! Another question!


Hello!


Thanks for responding to my question about books and videos I want to make available for you on this site. Please email me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com with more suggestions! I'd love to hear from the person who sent the last comment about how easy it is to publish an ebook!


The first book I'm writing is a How-to-Book called Chant Your Way to Happiness. It is ideal for someone new to the practice. It explains the nuts and bolts of how to chant, where to sit, how to hold your hands, some Buddhist history and the most important concepts. 


Longtime practitioners will appreciate the SuperChapter with powerful powerful prayers arranged by category. These are a great way to focus your intentions like a laser and root out the causes of suffering in your life. You will love them! My intention is for those of you who are currently practicing to give this How-to-Book to the people you're encouraging to chant. 


What other topics interest you? 


Also, Would you like to submit an experience for this or any of my books to come? The experiences are going to be the juicy, wonderful parts of the book! If you'd like to submit one please email me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com and I can tell you submission guidelines. 


Encouragement for your day:


Please remember that whatever you are going through is the absolutely perfect thing for you to be experiencing for your greater happiness. It is easy to think that all we do in this practice is chant for things and get them. But the real value in Buddhism is in the solid, shining self that we are polishing each and every day. 


Not everything you are chanting for is going to happen overnight, and your new challenges are helping you to get everything you want. But only if you don't give up. You must persevere! You must chant until what you are chanting for comes to pass. Do not give in to feelings of despair. 


And if you can muster the power in your life to feel appreciation, even for your problems that will help! I think back, and I can thank the man who broke my heart for the birth of this blog. If I had not been so amazingly, gut wrenchingly sad I would not have started chanting two hours a day and would not have been able to reach all the people I now reach through this blog! 
And re-read the Gosho 'On the Buddha's Behavior" and see how the Daishonin, when he was about to be beheaded at Tatsunokuchi, got off his horse and prayed to the statue of Hachiman and demanded protection. You can demand what you want to the Gohonzon (which is, of course, your LIFE). Be strong in your prayer and don't give up!!! 


Have a great day and chant powerful Daimoku!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all your encouragement and all your great posts this week.

    ReplyDelete