Monday, April 16, 2012

My Fortune baby! Heading to Loyola Medical School!

Aaron Michael Silver in front of the 
Stritch School of Medicine at Loyola 

We all spent Friday at "Second Look" a day reserved for all incoming Medical Students at Loyola. 
I've told you some of Aaron's history before, right? When I was pregnant with him I chanted a million Daimoku, 
a million Nam Myoho Renge Kyos. 
I had so many things on my list...for my husband and me to be mature enough to be good parents and be ready to raise a child...for financial security...for my child not to have the difficult karma I had...for him to easily make friends and to have self esteem ... and...with all my heart I chanted for him to have a dream and for him to fulfill it.


And throughout his life I have encouraged him to chant for whatever he desires...while trying not to push him so hard that he doesn't want to chant. 

Aaron has been a world class human being his whole life. He's been a true friend to many...a trusted leader and mentor to his brother and to others. He has started leadership groups, 
set the pace for his friends, been an 
outstanding student and resourceful young man. 
And for many years he has had a dream to become a physician. 


In the fall he led his Cross Country team to the national championship. A few months ago he won the Campus Excellence in Community Engagement award. Today, he found out that he is graduating with Distinction. And now, he has chosen a medical school that prides itself on the HUMANITY it brings forth in every doctor. It's staff has been there many years. The students are known for being happy. Yes, you heard me correctly. Happy. That's refreshing isn't it? That is also my style..the way I like to go about things.
Happiness is important!
Over and over on Friday we heard consistently positive messages from the staff and students at the Stritch School of Medicine.


Anything is possible. Anything can be fulfilled. 
Dream big. 
You're a Buddha!


I wish you happiness in everything you are doing. Remember that all your problems might seem big right now. ANd they might be big right now. But really, compared to Nam Myoho Renge Kyo they are quite small! The more you chant, the smaller they become. Keep determining to win.
Don't give up! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again....his future patients are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was searching the internet and came across this blog. What a beautiful, beautiful article.

    Blessings, and thanks, to you and your son! ...Just. So. Beautiful!

    Thank you ~

    ReplyDelete