Tuesday, March 3, 2015

3 Point Vow for Kosen Rufu - World Peace through Each of Us!


This year once again I feel such gratitude to be able to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo along with my mentor, Daisaku Ikeda, and along with all of you, my friends all over the world. I have been hearing from so many of you...all my courageous friends. 

We all live noble lives as Votaries of the Lotus Sutra. Our great vow in life is to usher in the new age of light, of happiness, of respect and love. We call it kosen rufu, and I believe every person longs for this new world. Everyone longs for a world of peace, a world of no violence, a world of love. How do we do this? We do it through our own Human Revolution - our own inner change that ignites our lives, and ignites all of life.



We do our Human Revolution by making our great vow for kosen-rufu and chanting to see and make the changes we need to make within our own lives. 

What does this mean for each of us? Here is my interpretation. As always these are my views only. I speak to you from my experience and don't officially represent the Soka Gakkai. 

As you know, in 2013, the Soka Gakkai opened the Hall of the Great Vow for Kosen Rufu in Tokyo. We can now travel to the hall to renew our vow for Kosen Rufu. (There are specifications for entry. Please check with your local SGI center) 


3 Point Vow for Kosen 
By Jamie Lee Silver, from the blog Chantforhappiness.com: 

If you want to share this with people, please include my name and chantforhappiness.com. You can also share this link instead: http://chantforhappiness.blogspot.com/2014/01/3-point-vow-for-world-peace-kosen-rufu.html

1. I vow to use my life for Kosen Rufu. I vow to use every thought, every action, every word and every prayer to transform my life, to discard the transient and reveal the true, and to change the world through tapping into the power my life inherently possesses through chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, studying Buddhism, doing shakubuku and deepening my connection with my mentor-in-life Daisaku Ikeda.  

2. I vow to live my life as an example that happiness, absolute happiness, is possible. I vow to use my life as an inspiration for people to learn about chanting, and tap into their own limitless potential. 

3. I vow to win in all areas of my life, health, love, happiness, friendships, family, (both my real family and my Gakkai family) work, writings and wealth for the sake of Kosen Rufu. 

Centering our lives on Kosen Rufu, and contributing to the Happiness of our own lives, and to the lives of others is crucial. How do we affect change? I've recently shared that I am noticing what I do not like in others and chanting to change those things is myself (even if I believe I do not share those traits). Last weekend I had actual proof of the power of this prayer. Try it. You may be surprised how quickly you can uproot patterns of frustration. I'll write more on this later. I've got to run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment