Sunday, March 15, 2015

PowerPrayer for Youth on March 16th!



A note to begin: 
As some of you know, I can now send out an email to notify you when I post.  I am so happy I can do this for you! If you didn't get an email, you can put your email in the box to the right and receive my blogs. Feel free to share chantforhappiness.com with anyone you feel would be inspired by these words, and let them know they can subscribe at chantforhappiness.com too. As always, I speak from my heart, as an enthusiastic SGI member, but not officially on behalf of the SGI.  For more about the SGI, please click on the link to the right. 


Happy March 16th! 

On this day, we commemorate the historic gathering in 1958 when 6,000 youth rose at a moment's notice to gather at Josei Toda's request. It was a profound moment for Josei Toda, for the youth, and for the future of kosen-rufu. The actions on this day reverberate forever as we chant for the youth meetings being held world-wide. 

At this gathering in 1958, Josei Toda passed the baton of kosen-rufu - world peace, a world of respect for all life ~ 
onto the youth. Toda, our second SGI President, was in his last few victorious days. He died two weeks later, on April 2nd. 

All week I have been chanting for the success of these meetings, and for the happiness, and victories of all youth everywhere. I share with you this PowerPrayer for Youth. Let this fuel your Power-FULL Daimoku! No matter what we are personally challenging, chanting for the youth, for kosen-rufu, and for others can lift us out of our own despair into the world of Buddhahood!

PowerPrayer for YOUTH
by Jamie Lee Silver, from Chantforhappiness.com

Life!
I tap into my immeasurable power with this strong Daimoku!
Every Nam-myoho-renge-kyo I chant is aimed straight for the heart of the youth in this world!
I picture youth chanting
I picture youth singing
I picture youth smiling radiantly and seeing their actions change the world
I chant for every hopeless youth to have HOPE
~ I chant for them all to connect 
with this incredible law of life ~
       create happy families, 
            and challenge themselves 
            to create a happy world of respect for all 
            (kosen-rufu!)
                  while introducing their friends to chanting. 
Their Daimoku is MY Daimoku. 
Every moment of my prayer, 
I dedicate to these new, shining, spiritual ones.

May they each experience the joy of practice! 
May they each ignite and join hearts with 
our mentor Daisaku Ikeda!
May they each transform their lives
into lives of happy purpose, 

May they transform their families, their schools, their communities and the world!
My prayer is their prayer
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

From Jamie Lee Silver at Chantforhappiness.com Subsriptions now available! 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jamie for the wonderful Mar 16th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie for the wonderful Mar 16th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to more of ur posts of mastering your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Jamie for sending our blog as email. It helps me to read and being encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. please guide. Having been practicing for long. I do read a lot from about this practice and how to change ourselves and to see change in others. Question- How to address a disruptive behavior from a leader. please comment.

    ReplyDelete