Sunday, March 8, 2015

Celebration Ceremony for a Milestone Reached


Some of my best friends in Chicago, Lashell, Gaye, me, Mary, Laurie, Kindred and Sarah

Last night I had a party celebrating my reaching a new milestone in life, and some of my best girlfriends were able to come. If only all of you, all over the world could have been there. What a great party that would have been...!

You know, I have the belief that major transitions in life should be honored with a ceremony of some type. That's why I became a certified celebrant ~ so I could perform weddings, funerals, and other ceremonies.  

Last night we had a candle ceremony. I gave everyone a lit votive candle in glass, and as we held them, we went around the room. Each person gave a blessing of words to honor my new life and bright future, and a blessing for all of us, and the world. When everyone had said their blessing, we each made our own private wish and blew out our candles. Beautiful. 

Thank you for being with me and for being my friend. I am chanting to be able to visit you all over the world, and for us to meet one day. Maybe I'll be in a lovely place and you can visit me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment