Tuesday, March 17, 2015

PowerPrayer for Overcoming Obstacles!





Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 
May the Luck of the Irish be with you! 
And, as we say in Chicago, 
EVERYONE is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!



As you may know, I have responded to your requests to have chantforhappiness.com sent directly to your inboxes. 
I have heard from many of you in the last few days and I really appreciate it! 

I would like to meet you all...to talk with you...to see you...or even just talk on the phone. Getting blogs sent to you was the first step. Now I'm working on a website that can make more connections happen.  I've been chanting to find a great web guru for some time and now I've found her. Thanks Lynn!

Right now, more people than ever are reading Chantforhappiness.com. We have close to 40k readers and new subscribers are joining every day. My mission for this blog is to reach all who are longing for real solutions to their problems. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo works! Thank you all for sharing this blog, subscribing (see button at the right) and working together to create a world of peace and happiness for all! 

As you know, in any worthy endeavor/breakthrough ~ obstacles HAVE to arise. 
After I posted yesterday's powerful PowerPrayer for Youth I talked to my son Ben, and he was not doing very well. 
So I grasped the handles of my faith and dug in with Daimoku.  
I chanted for two more hours (after my two in the morning) and Monday morning I chanted another two hours with this PowerPrayer below in mind. When I connected with him after I chanted, he was much better. 

Obstacles are a natural function of life. And the important question is this ~ Can we see problems for what they are, necessary obstacles to FUEL our determination and make us focus our minds while chanting...And deepen our faith!? Or are we FOOLED by them into thinking "Oh no...this is never going to work out." then give up? 
It is up to each of us to either determine to win, or just succumb to losing.

The first step is recognizing them for what they are:
"When devilish functions are recognized for what they are, they lose their power."
Daisaku Ikeda, June 2013, Living Buddhism page 23. 

The second step is rousing our determination and roaring from the depths of our lives with the full force of the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo we are! 

Please do not copy and paste this PowerPrayer. If you wish to share it please cut and paste the url or share it using the buttons at the bottom of the post. 
Please email chantforhappiness@gmail.com with your victories from using these PowerPrayers! 

PowerPrayer for Winning Over Obstacles 
By Jamie Lee Silver from Chantforhappiness.com
PowerPrayers can be read before chanting to increase our focus. 

Obstacles!
___________________________
I see you for what you are!  

No way! 
Not this time
Not any more. 
I'm in charge now.
I AM Nam-myoho-renge-kyo
I am roaring like a lion.
Every Daimoku I chant is impacting this situation in this way: (be specific in what you want your daimoku to accomplish)_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shoten Zenjin!
Unleash your protective energy!  

As a votary of the Lotus Sutra 
I am doing the Buddha's work on earth. 
Support me in every way!

I use this obstacle to refuel my determination
and I will chant   ______  number of hours
every day until I have ultimate victory.
I will win over_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Obstacle! 
_____________________fill in the blank
You don't scare me! 
I am raising my life condition
and the life condition of ALL 
by challenging and winning over this! 

I will win! I will inspire others by my victory! 
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! 

Rooooaaaaarrrrrrrr!


Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

6 comments:

  1. Thankyou Jamie. The prayer is so well-timed. Will help me to keep my determination and overcome the obstacle at present in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was powerfully wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. In another comment I mentioned a huge relationship challenge I have - and have found the biggest obstacles are in me in the form of old stinky karmic stuff. It is inspiring to have this blog and its posts available to encourage me to press on!! Thank you for this prayer!!! NMHRK

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Marie-Therese thank you Jamie for sharing this powerful prayer as I am a beginner of the Budhahood. And as I have a big obstacle in my life now and sometimes I'm in despair. This powerful prayer will give me determination and encourage me to chant more and more everyday and have more faith in me and in Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Marie, thank you Jamie for sharing this powerful prayer as I am a beginner of the Budhahood.And as I have a big obstacle in my life in this moment and I'm in despair, this powerful prayer will give me determination and encourage me to chant more and more everyday and have more faith in me and in Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As we wait for "the call" that a kidney has been found for my husband, I must remember this prayer. I call upon the Shoten Zenjin to bring blessings to the descendant doner, his/her family, my husband and our family. Thank you for this ^^^

    ReplyDelete