Monday, June 11, 2012

Experience: Roaring Daimoku like a Lion King!


Thank you for letting me share this experience with the other readers of this blog! Your courage and power is inspiring to us all. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is stronger than any problem!!!

A Reader's Experience:

I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you and your blog. It is such a great way to reach people and really encourage and motivate others with their practice. It has certainly helped me!


I think most of all you have helped me with "attitude". I had been chanting but in a way that didn't have

much power behind it. My determination was kind of weak and I kept feeling doubt creeping in. I took advice from the guidance I got and was grateful to those who tried to help me, but I still felt deep inside that maybe I didn't have the strength or the determination I needed. Your blog has done that more than anything else. It gave me a more concrete idea of how I should think about my own lion's roar. The idea of changing this karma in my family forever. I know that we can chant for anything but you actually demand that it be torn out of your life by the roots so that it is permanently removed never having to deal with it again.


And so in that same spirit of determination and command from the very core of my life I have been chanting for my son who has just become a proud father on May 23rd, to his daughter, Michele Lee! Michael, my son is an alcoholic. My family has suffered along with him and all the affects of this disease most of Michael's  teenage and adult life. Last year at this time, I initiated an intervention for him to go to rehab. After 3 months he came back home, but he still wavered on and off again. Then we learned there was a baby on the way, then he lost his job, and then he got another DUI. For my New Year's determination I renewed my Vow to change this Karma in my family and even went to FNCC to the relationship conference. I put up a little sign on my alter "Transformation", a reminder for me not only of those I chant for, but that I too need to transform the way I think and act; in words, deeds and actions of how I am with my son. Michael and his girlfriend have been together for 5 years and were so happy about the baby so after some initial consideration decided they could never give up the baby. They are both in their early 30's. I chanted for their happiness, for a harmonious family life, for a wonderful job where his boss could be a mentor to him and he would be fulfilled. Michael began to feel differently about things as the pregnancy became more real along with his fatherhood. He is respectworthy in his actions with the baby, changing her diapers and batheing her, and dressing her.  I think he is proud of himself for his struggle,but. this is an ongoing battle for him, but I can truly see a transformation in him. With all your encouragementI I continue to chant like the roar of a lion! Thank you for all your help and blogging!

    Also I chanted for Michael's girl friend to have an easy labor and it only took about 4 hours and she had no meds. His daughter is doing so well


Again, thank you for sharing your inspiring story!


Roar ON!!! 



-- 
Jamie Lee Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment