Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Shining Like the Sun ~ Lighting up Your Life


~ Shine like the Sun ~

That's my lifetime motto. 

I rise every day with the goal of shining like the sun. 
A life of radiance is one so busy shining, 
it repels all negativity from within or without, 
and shines its light everywhere. 

Another of my mottos is from Daisaku Ikeda: 

"When One Sun Rises, Everything is Illuminated." Brilliant. 

This week has been one of chanting with the members in my district for their suns to rise. There is nothing that energizes me more than engaging in the daily struggle to overcome suffering, and achieve goals alongside my members. There is nothing more exciting than helping others win in life. If I am doing that, my life flows smoothly from one happiness to another. I hope each of you 

One of our newest members was given a pretty bleak diagnosis from a doctor. But since she got her Gohonzon a few weeks ago she has HOPE for the first time in a long time. She's cheerful. She's planning on reapplying to get her masters degree. She's embracing her LIFE. Her life is shining like the sun! I look forward to reporting other victories to you as well. 

"Faith is Light
The hearts of those with strong faith 
are filled with light. 
A radiance envelops their lives. 
People with unshakable conviction in faith 
enjoy a happiness 
that is as luminous as the full moon 
on a dark night, 
as dazzling as the sun on a clear day."

Daisaku Ikeda, For Today and Tomorrow, page 7


No comments:

Post a Comment