Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trust Your Life ~ Stop Worrying

Trust Your Prayer ~ Trust Your Life

Every morning you and I have a unique opportunity to connect with the life force of the universe through doing Gongyo (reciting the words of the Buddha from the Lotus Sutra) and chanting Daimoku, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. 

Every morning we can access the full power of the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that is within us and all living beings. We can tune our lives to the rhythm of the universe and keep moving forward in a positive direction.

In "Faith Into Action" Daisaku Ikeda states (page 115):

"If we don't practice gongyo the rhythm of our lives will be thrown off-kilter, just as a machine that isn't oiled will rust. Gongyo and chanting daimoku are like starting an automobile's engine every day and driving it in the direction of happiness and truth. By doing so day after day you will gradually attain perfect unity with the universe, the and the law, the state of the Buddha."

How you do gongyo, your attitude is also important. My leaders in San Francisco used to say "Fall in love with gongyo...look forward to doing it...see it as a moment of absolute happiness in your life...generate that kind of feeling when you chant", and I have adopted that attitude as my own. 

Click "Read More" below to see the rest: 

Then, when you finish gongyo and daimoku, breathe deeply and let your day flow. Trust your prayer and trust your life. Know that you've started the car for the day. Don't worry and fret. 

My sweet Mom chanted, as many of you know. And she would often say "I'm worried about...." and I'd say "Mom, don't worry! Chant instead." And she'd call me back and say, "It worked. You are so right. Chanting instead of worrying really works." 

I am chanting for you all, but YOUR prayers are the most important. You are the Buddha in your life. 

If you haven't connected to the SGI use the portal to the right. You can also find additional study material right on line. 

I am looking forward to hearing your successes, and your challenges. You can write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com. Remember to send me a picture as well. I'll never post anything on this blog identifying you unless you give me your permission. 

1 comment: