Friday, June 7, 2013

PowerPrayers for Men and Women



In Learning from the Writings, The Hope Filled Teachings of Nichiren Daishonin SGI President Ikeda's Lecture Series, published 2009 by World Tribune Press (available through the SGI link to the right) we found a very interesting passage regarding the difference in the faith of men and women. Julia (my writing partner) and I are working on the PowerPrayer section of the book and decided to write two power prayers for this passage, one for women and one for men. President Ikeda's insights are so fascinating, we want to build on their concepts and develop power prayers that expand the strength of both women and men. We have offered this PowerPrayer to one of the men we are working with and he has reported Power-full results. Enjoy!

First, I'll share the passage, and the PowerPrayers follow. 

The passage is on page 8 of Learning from the Writing. President Ikeda states:

"For we generally find that it is women ~ more so than men, who often let egoism and appearances hold them back ~ who demonstrate the infinite power of the Mystic Law at a crucial moment, just as the teachings instruct. The power of belief leads to a state of mind free of fear and doubt, which is the very essence of what it means to have faith. No devilish function can possibly defeat a woman who has attained such a state of mind. A women of deep faith who correctly practices the Mystic Law possesses the wisdom to instantly distinguish between right and wrong. She has the essential courage to sweep away the three poisons - greed, anger and foolishness. She is endowed with compassion. Inspired by a teacher awakened to the Mystic Law, her wisdom, courage and compassion fuse together in a firm, unwavering resolve. Such a women will never be swayed by the maneuvers of any devilish function."

For Men:

The power of my life enables me to prevent egoism and appearances from holding me back any longer. I will do whatever it takes to fulfill my deepest, most secret wish to become happy and turn it into a powerful VOW.  A Vow that is the very essence of what it means to have faith. No devilish function can possibly defeat a man who has attained such a state of mind. The immense power of my life has given me the wisdom to instantly distinguish between right and wrong, for I am a man who correctly practices the mystic law. I have within my powerful core the essential courage to sweep away all obstacles, including greed, anger and foolishness. I am no longer concerned with appearances. The treasure of my heart is way more powerful and shines like a beacon illuminating my way and the way for a great, great many. 

PowerPrayer for Women: 

The power of my life leads me to a state of mind free of fear or doubt. I now deepen my faith! I see every devilish function for exactly what it is ~ another log on the fire to fuel and deepen my faith. 
No devilish function can possibly defeat me!
I instantly distinguish between right and wrong. 
I now possess the essential courage to sweep away greed, anger and foolishness. 
I expand my capacity for all nurturing compassion. 
My wisdom, courage and compassion fuse together in a firm, unwavering resolve. 
I am NEVER defeated by obstacles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment