Tuesday, June 11, 2013

PowerPrayer for Defeating Obstacles (Sansho Shima)


As you know, Julia and I are working on a book of PowerPrayers for you. Well today I have a sneak peek for you. I'm giving you a PowerPrayer we wrote together just yesterday. 

As you know, in any worthy endeavor obstacles HAVE to arise. That is a a natural function of life. But the important question is this : Can we see them for what they are, necessary obstacles to FUEL our determination and make us chant HARDER? Or are we FOOLED by them into thinking "Oh well, I guess I wasn't supposed to do this anyway" and then give up? It is up to each of us to either determine to win, or just succumb to losing. 

The first step is recognizing them for what they are:

"When devilish functions are recognized for what they are, they lose their power."
Daisaku Ikeda, June 2013, Living Buddhism page 23. 

Yesterday Julia and I made a fierce determination to win over the obstacles that have arisen for us in pursuit of our worthy goal of writing and getting this book into your hands so that it can help you and your friends become truly happy. 

I share the prayer we are both chanting. This morning I just finished an hour of chanting this prayer. Nothing will stop me. Nothing can stop you!!


Sansho Shima PowerPrayer:

Hello, Sansho Shima, 
I was expecting you.
I recognize you for what you are.

Sansho Shima, I see you for what you are! 
No way! 
Not this time
not any more. 
I'm in charge now.
I AM Nam-myoho-renge-kyo
I am roaring like a lion.
You  are not real, you  have no power here.
On the contrary, 
I take your pure energy now, and though my Daimoku I make you my ally, instead. 
Shoten Zenjin! Support me in every single action I take towards my goal. I am doing the Buddha's work on earth. Support me in every way!

I now use this obstacle to refuel my determination
and I will chant   ______  number of hours
every day until until I have ultimate victory.

Sansho Shima, I am now turning you into Shoten Zenjin! 
You are now the cause 
for victory in the lives of those I will
encourage by sharing this story.
You are now part of a powerful 
and inspirational story of victory.
You are not leaving me in a diminished condition
I am raising you to a high life condition
and purpose.
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

2 comments: