Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We have the power to change anything in our lives

We DO hold the entire universe in our hands.

Yesterday I chanted 5 and a half hours. I heard from some of you that my post about chanting tozos appeared at just the right time. In the UK there was a snow day so my friend Morag did a tozo, and my friend Linda in Chicago did the same. 
It does help to know that we are all in this together doesn't it. We are never alone. We have all our SGI friends all over the world. 

Each of us is challenging ourselves to the best of our ability. 

Each of us is following Sensei (President Ikeda). 

Each of is is waking up daily to face our problems and roar like lions. 

Each of us is never giving up.

We are truly part of a wonderful organization. 

(If you are new to this blog or wondering what this is all about please send me an email at chantforhappiness@gmail.com and I will do my best to answer your questions.)

We base our lives on tapping into the law of cause and effect  - Nam Myoho Renge Kyo ~ by chanting those words. This chanting goes deep into our lives, and brings forth the power of the universe we all possess. We tap into our innate Buddhahood. Anyone can do this. We are not special  ~except for the fact that we have heard about this practice and chant everyday. 
It is accessible to ALL. 
We are all equal.
We don't have to memorize any rules or wear any robes. We don't eat a certain way or ascribe to anything. 
We recognize that the law of cause and effect operates within all of life and we take responsibility for changing our own karma and circumstances. 
We are all Buddhas. 
Even those who have never chanted are Buddhas. 

Chanting helps us realize that power within us, or, as my son Aaron says, it allows us to live the "best possible versions of ourselves." 
I know many of you are having powerful experiences to share. Please write me and send a picture. We can all be inspired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment