Saturday, November 20, 2010

And We're Off!

It is definitely a new day!

We have now entered the 80th year of the Soka Gakkai's founding. You may know that the number 8 has tremendous significance in Eastern cultures. First of all, if you lay an 8 on its side it is the symbol of eternity...right? 8 also means myo...or to open...and this is the year of opening, and this is the moment of opening for me.

I'm always talking about Human Revolution, and the fact that when you change inside your environment changes to reflect it. Well, get this. All summer long I chased the sun around my yard. We have tall trees surrounding us everywhere, so I was constantly moving my chaise. And at a certain time, because of the trees on the lot next door, the sun just went poof...way too early if you ask me. I would look up at these tall trees and think...if only they weren't blocking my beloved sun...
Sooo, new neighbors bought the house a few weeks ago, and all day on Thursday there were 6 very nice men cutting down trees on the lot next door. They even took away our brush, and the tree that had fallen in our backyard (from the neighbor's lot) AND the dead tree that had fallen in our wood lot. And in return I gave them coffee and cookies and they came inside and played guitar for me. Wonderful!

Yesterday was an awesome day in downtown Chicago. I walked from the train all the way to 111 N. Wabash (Heaven on Seven) and back. Quickly. And my hip was fine. I felt like my old smart and quick self! I was smiling the whole way!

I also was invited to teach chanting classes at the Chicagoland Wellness Center. We're calling the class "Chant for Happiness" just like this blog, and the owner herself is very excited about learning to chant!

And today....drum roll please...I connected with someone I am going to help in her spiritual weight loss journey. OMG it is so much fun ~ I am just pinching myself. This is truly the work that I was born to do. She has already changed her energy around this whole subject and is excited about what lies ahead. We first spoke on Wednesday and I gave her some homework to complete by today...and she had done it all, and was already feeling transformed. So Yaaayy! Here we go!

And my son Aaron came home last night for his first long (9 day) stay since Christmas. He worked at U of I all summer. He is a man now...20 years old...so handsome...so strong and self assured. He has made and is making all the goals he has set for himself. He has had a personal breakthrough at school. Both of my sons are so strong...their life force is flowing. They are chanting and I am chanting for them. I appreciate my life~ I appreciate me life!!

1 comment: