Friday, November 23, 2012

Being Healthy. Tips for losing weight.

A reader wrote me to ask how I lost the weight. Here is my reply:

I had a problem with my weight every since I can remember. I'll see if I can find a before and after picture for you....

All through grade school, high school and college...then on into and past my twenties and thirties. 

I lost weight over and over and always gained it back. I was always hungry. According to some doctors, the typical American diet is one that starves the body of the nutrients it needs. That's one of the reasons so many of us are hungry all the time. 

I have finally conquered this problem and feel better than ever. 

Here are the tips I can give you:

Make a list:

I made a list of all the reasons I wanted to be thinner. I love this list and will always keep it close to heart. My reasons range from being healthy enough to play with my grandchildren when they come. I don't know when that will be, but I want to be young no matter what age I am. And being healthy is what feeling young is all about. I love feeling good and sexy and being able to buy any clothes I wish. I love being able to shop in any store...not just the larger size stores and departments. 

Make a book or poster:

I have a book of pictures of cute clothes, inspiring quotes and loving pictures of couples together. I update this from time to time with new clothes and pictures that inspire me. I have lots of pictures that include ships and water. And I'm leaving on a cruise in three weeks. These techniques really work. 

Find a visualization that works for you:

I could not conjure an image of myself thin. But I could envision myself walking into the petite section of my favorite clothing store, going to a rack and choosing a tiny looking outfit, going into the fitting room and trying it on and being so happy because it fit! I picture myself laughing and really enjoying the fact that anything I like fits. 

Write some affirmations:

I wrote out a list of things beginning with the phrase "Wouldn't it be nice if..." Such as "Wouldn't it be nice if all the efforts I've ever put into weight loss all came together and this time losing weight is easier than ever." and "Wouldn't it be nice is I could go into any store and find clothes that look great on me." Using the phrase "Wouldn't it be nice" releases some of the resistance we might have to affirmations. It just works. 

Love exercise ~  find something that makes you happy:

Find what works for you. I walk and use free weights and machines. Sometimes I ride my exercise bike. I love the feeling I have when I walk. I love the way it boosts my mood. My brain loves getting the oxygen hit from walking. If I don't walk for a couple of days I feel my mood slipping a bit and I get back on that treadmill or exercise bike. 

Choose a program:

Right now I am trimming down even more by adopting a plant-based whole food lifestyle change. It is actually the easiest way to lose weight because you can eat as much as you want. I am so grateful to my dear friend Julia for inspiring me. At first all I could think about was what I couldn't eat. She helped me to see all the things I could eat, and how tasty they are. Thank goodness for Trader Joe's! I've been eating this way for over a week now and it's much easier than I thought it would be. I have books I can recommend and other tips for this. Let me know if you are interested. I am doing this for my health, and I really feel great! 

Some of the members in my district have been very successfully doing Weight Watchers. 

Chanting tips:

I chant to release myself from the world of hunger and to raise my life condition. 
I chant to release my fear of change. 

I hope these help. Let me know if you want to hear more about this subject. 
Happy Day after Thanksgiving. 

3 comments:

  1. NMHRK,

    My husband is fat and he wants to work out to become slip.
    he doesnt eat anything much since he is a Architect in profession will be running to all the project site so cant tell him to do diet on food coz he needs energy.from morning to evening he will have a busy schedule end of the day he vill be tired to go for exercise.if i tell him to exercise in the morning on walker he gets angry n he tells its so boring to exercise!
    sometimes in the evening he goes for swimming but frm past two months he is not getting time to go.
    i am chanting that he should go to some exercise which is best for him.
    kindly help me how to chant on this.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. NMHRK

    My husband is fat and he wants to workout to become slip.but because of his very busy schedule he is not able to do,end of the day he vill be tired and take a nap.Morning when i ask him to walk on treadmill walker he says its boring to do at home.he used to go to swimming in the evening but from past two months he is not getting time for that also .coz swimmimg pool gets close at 8 p.m vill be closing the ofice at 9 p.m.

    so am chanting that he should go to some exercise which is best for him
    kindly help me how to chant for him.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete