Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Daimoku


That's a nice quote isn't it, however...sometimes you just can't WILL yourself into being happy and satisfied and grateful. But you CAN chant yourself into HAPPINESS.

We chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, which is the title of the Lotus Sutra, the name of the rhythm of life itself, and literally means: "I fuse (or devote) my life to the mystic law of cause and effect through sound vibration (or Sutra, or teaching)".

Think of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo as the blood that runs through your veins, the beating of your heart, the mists that rise and fall, and every beat of every heart on this planet and beyond. It is the great cosmic connector, the "God particle" so talked about in physics. And you are not supposed to believe that chanting these words helps your life in any way. No. But you can test it to find out. If you chant the words what happens? Only you can be the judge, and no one will ever tell you what to do.

This practice is one of complete freedom. You chant for as long as you like, whenever you like. It is recommended that everyone chant twice a day, and I totally understand that through personal experience. I know how I feel when I am chanting twice a day, and I know how I feel when am not. Chanting consistently is what moved your life into the path of continuous growth and happiness. Chanting consistently is much easier when you chant twice a day...it moves your life into rhythm with the universe. People are there when you need them...all seems to revolve nicely around you. Lately I am meeting incredible people and broadening my scope and knowledge of all things good in the world. I am in complete rhythm with making new friends.

This practice of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo changes each one of us fundamentally. With these words we tap into the indestructible life force of the universe, and determine that the change starts within us. When we change on the inside, our universe, our environment and all the people in it change to reflect our inner changes. This is the nature of the fundamental Buddhist concept of Human Revolution. 

I chant to make WHATEVER change is necessary in my own life to bring me total and complete strength and happiness. I chant to raise my life condition so that I am swayed by NOTHING. I chant to show brilliant actual proof so that when you read this blog you say "Yes! If Jamie did it I can too!" Because you can. Your life has the same power mine does. When you chant you tap into Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. The power you generate is up to your determination. 

Were you impressed by the experiences this week? Will you send me yours to share? The DETERMINATION behind each one is the key to their success. I hope you continue to read these experiences and share them with your friends. I hope you will forward me your records of victory to share with others. It is a cause to make, and also will help deepen your understanding of the power of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Julia said she realized a lot while writing her experience. 

This morning my heart is full. I am so grateful for my own gifts and all that I have created. 

My heart goes out to the East Coast of America. I wish I could wave a magic wand and give you all back your homes and your beautiful seaside boardwalk. I know your hearts must be so sad and your lives so torn apart. I chant for you this morning. 

I also chant because I heard another young man died in a hazing incident. I cannot think of anything more useless or destructive than hazing. I can't fathom the stupidity of hurting people for any reason. I am chanting for this stupid practice to stop. 

And the election...the election...
Chanting for my country and every person in it. 

3 comments:

  1. Jamie!

    I want to post a Great experience that I had during the recent hurricane -sandy. I stay in New Jersy and our state was one of the most severely impacted state during hurricane. Please allow me to share this experience. I have been trying to reach out to you regarding the same. Please let me know how I can do this. I can be reached at the following email I'd
    Mn2008.in@gmail.com

    Regards,
    Mamta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great reminder. Love the quote as well as the blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great reminder. Love the quote as well as the blog post.

    ReplyDelete