Friday, July 26, 2013

Linda Kay's Experience ~



I am relatively new to chanting, having only been at it for about 3 months now. I was introduced to it during a time in my life when I was searching for a way to connect on a deeper level with what I call the “mystical.” Having meditated for years, I found myself looking for new and different ways to connect to the “powers” that exist deep inside me, and that are present in my daily life.

My first experience at a district meeting filled me with an energy and deep appreciation for the others in the room.  I found myself experiencing a similar “energy” or vibration when I chanted at home and over the recent month, have committed to chanting twice a day.

Back in March of this year, I lost my job at a clinic where I was a director. Desperate and fearful, I sent my resume out for every job that even “sounded” like a possibility. Then I was introduced to chanting. 

A new job quickly surfaced. Actually, several opportunities quickly surfaced, and I was called for interviews for the majority of them. One company contacted me, flew me out for an interview and made an offer within several days.  I was thrilled to be working again, and I chanted in deep appreciation and gratitude.

Within the first few weeks I began to feel something was terribly wrong with my job. First of all everyone was under such tight deadlines and pressure that they yelled at each other. The owner of the company was receiving chemo therapy for colon cancer during the day, but working till 2:00 am on projects once she got home. The company overpromised each and every client. 

I was under deep stress and found myself almost having an “out-of-body” experience just to cope. The stress and work never stopped. I would wake up at 6:00 am to do work before the day started, and work until 10:00 pm to get caught up. Finally, after working each weekend, I asked another employ on  Sunday about working weekends and was told that “we are expected to be on call 24/7 7 days a week.”

I began to panic and feel very sick. I began to chant earnestly for help, happiness and good health. I can remember coming to one of the meeting, feeling less-than human, but leaving feeling like my old self again. 

One day, barely a month into the new job, I was so stressed that I began to have heart palpations. I thought about calling my doctor but knew that she would want me to go to the emergency room. I had too much work to do, and could not make the time. 

The next day I was fired. 

I know that my chanting protected me. I believe that my job loss was a gift and I am now chanting in deep appreciation for the help, my happiness and good health. 

I have several new job opportunities, and am expected by end of day to commit to one of them. I don’t think that I will take it. I am chanting for something much more than just a job, I am chanting for my own legacy – and while this job will certainly pay my bills, it is nothing more than that, a job that will pay my bills. 

I have two other jobs in the “hopper”. Both of them are exciting and what I am trained and love to do! I think I will hold out for the full-deal, and I am chanting for strength and courage while these opportunities come forward. 

I hope that you learn something from me sharing my experience, I certainly have learned so much from each of you when you share yours. 

1 comment:

  1. this was a wonderfull wonderful exp... thank you sooooooo much.. v close to somethign that i am experiencing currently.

    ReplyDelete