Saturday, August 25, 2012

Filled With Gratitude!

Loyola Stritch School of Medicine Rocks! 
It's Family Weekend! 
Here we are with our new friends at the reception last night. You know how life just seems to come together sometimes, right? We discovered an amazing coincidence last night. Aaron (far right), just started his first year of Medical school really close to me in Maywood. And on the far left is his new friend Christina, with her Mom, Kathy Ratto. Christina and her family live in Arcadia California in the LA area. 

We were having a spirited conversation last night about all things LA and San Francisco and the Medical Profession (Kathy and her husband are both doctors) and we suddenly realized that Christina lives in my same lovely apartment community and we're all going to the White Coat Ceremony at Loyola in the morning, followed by the party at Versailles (my apartment community) in the afternoon! 

I'm looking forward to getting to know them both better, and it will be great for Christina to know she has a new "Mom"and friend just doors away! Don't you just love making new friends? I do! Lately I am making new friends all the time...new friends I plan to have in my life for a long, long time! 

Seriously, this medical school is amazing. It is a school with heart. It is a Jesuit university and the people I have met are filled with love for our students. That is their constant message to us...that they will love our sons and daughters and help them in any way possible. And I believe them. I see it and I feel it. 

I am so grateful to be on this journey with Aaron!

There is so much to appreciate isn't there? My goal every single day is to live life to the fullest and touch as many lives as I positively can. Every morning I start the day with a solid hour of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo...connecting with the universe of power inside me and every other person anywhere! 

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you know I am constantly chanting to expand my capacity. While I am chanting I am telling my life to expand my capacity for love, expand my capacity for fun, expand my capacity to help people, expand my capacity to reach people, expand my capacity to spread love, light, and hope to all who are suffering? My prayers are being answered! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! 

And thank you all for helping! Every time you respond to one of my posts and every time you forward a post by email or share it on facebook, YOU make a positive cause for your own happiness too! Together we make such a difference in the world! Thank you!!!

This has been an amazing week.  I've had the opportunity to be at the bedside of a dear friend who is new to chanting. His name is Kevin Haddle and he's a loving, wonderful soul. This week he had to have surgery for a bowel obstruction. So painful. Now he is recovering from the surgery, but still in pain. Please chant for Kevin! 

As you know we had six guests at the meeting on Wednesday night and more and more people keep learning about this practice, trying it and changing their lives for the better! 
Expanding my capacity - expanding ALL of our capacity  - that's what it's all about! 

Have a great Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment