Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Parakeet Who Came to Stay

This little guy is causing quite a stir. 
I've shown you pictures from my patio. I face a pond and a clubhouse. There's a walkway that goes right past my patio. And now, people stop frequently and look at this little bird. He's not really "mine", but he has come to stay. He's not meant to live in the wild. But he does. He lives in the bushes to the right and left of my patio, and I feed him every day. He can't really fly. His wings are clipped. But just like the other wildlife that congregates outside my door, I wonder if the lovely sound of my Daimoku has attracted him. 

I'm sitting here on my patio after a full Sunday. Aaron, Ben, Paul and my sister and brother-in-law were here. It's probably the last time we'll be together before Ben goes back to Miami of Ohio for his Sophomore year. He's running again and hopes to run with the team. I'll keep you updated. He's been staying with me and it's been great chanting with him every day. 
Aaron was here telling us all about his first week of Medical School. He is so happy. I hope he stays happy even after classes start. 
I have been working on my book for you. Almost every moment I can hear the voices in my head telling me I can never do this, or that my writing is terrible...or other negative things. My evil twin is full of negativity but I am determined to win.

I have to win for all of the people who are still looking for the solution to their problems. So many people are seeking this practice. 
I want people seeking solutions to be able to walk into the bookstore, or search in Amazon and say "Hmmm...what is this? Maybe I should check this book out." Then something I've written will hit them, and they'll try chanting, and connect to the Soka Gakkai, and become happier than they ever dreamed possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment