Wednesday, August 8, 2012

SGI Meetings ROCK!!!! Tips for Guests!

We had an Amazing SGI (Soka Gakkai) 
meeting in my apartment tonight! 
We had seven guests and eight Members! 

Next Wednesday Amisha will be getting her Gohonzon so she won't be a guest anymore!

Introducing others to this practice is easy! I constantly chant for my life to be a shining example that this practice works, and to meet the people who want to hear about it! 

About a month ago I went to a going away party in Oak Park. I met a woman named Susan and we started talking about our kids. Her daughter is 16 years old. I remember what being sixteen years old was like for me. It wasn't the best of times. I was seeking the Gohonzon, but could only find those forms of Buddhism that said you had to alleviate your desires to be happy, and there was NO WAY I wanted to do that. But how I would have loved to be able to chant to overcome my problems as a teen. It brings me such incredible joy to introduce young people! I shared with her some stories about my sons and the things they had chanted for in High School. And I shared Shazara's story of overcoming being bullied, and Susan was intrigued. She asked her daughter if she wanted to come and her daughter brought two friends! Welcome to Zoe and Dania and Josh and Susan! And welcome to our new friends Kamala and Gita and Amisha!

All of us, Bhavia, Kathy, Alex, Varsha, Debbie, Christine, Pamela and I (and all the members who couldn't be at this meeting) welcome you! 

We chanted together for half an hour, then sat in a circle and talked about this practice and 

what makes it different than any other practice:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo means "I fuse my life with the mystic law of cause and effect through sound vibration" It is the name of the rhythm of life itself. Chanting these words "syncs" your life with the universe itself  to draw  forth your highest potential! 

Chant for what you want - make a list - chant for what you REALLY want. And if you don't know what you want...chant to know what you want! 

It is the law of the universe! It doesn't matter if you believe in it or not. 

It is based on receiving actual proof - that is the most important thing. 

Keep chanting for what you want! Do not give up. 

There is no deity. You are addressing YOUR OWN LIFE when you chant! 

Your life is a reflection of who you are on the inside including all the good and bad causes you've made throughout every lifetime you've ever lived. Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is the most powerful GOOD CAUSE you can possibly make. It will change your karma forever. 

You do not have to understand why you have your problems. You just have to chant to change them! 

We look at problems as good things - they will lead to greater understanding and BENEFIT!

We chant every day - twice a day. The more consistently you chant the easier it is to chant! 

All of these guests are beginning a new journey in their own lives in the most wonderful organization of people who are filled with love in their hearts. 

If you haven't connected to the Soka Gakkai in your area please do! Search on Soka Gakkai, or go to SGI-USA.org and call your local center and go to a meeting! You will be so glad you did!!! 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for ur post.
    Would like to add one more point

    Sensei says, "if you dont have problems, buy them."

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete