Monday, August 27, 2012

The (im) Possible Dream



Yesterday I saw Man of La Mancha, one of my favorite musicals.  This song "The Impossible Dream" perfectly describes the quest we are all on. Don Quixote was alone. 
We have each other and our mentor Daisaku Ikeda. How wonderful!
I tried to copy a link from Youtube onto this post. Please go to Youtube and type in "The Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha" Enjoy!




The Impossible Dream

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ... 

This is my quest, to follow that star ... 
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far ... 
To fight for the right, without question or pause ... 
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause ... 

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest, 
That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm, 
when I'm laid to my rest ... 
And the world will be better for this: 
That one man, scorned and covered with scars, 
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage, 
To reach ... the unreachable star ...


This captures our chanting quest for bettering our lives...for kosen rufu...for our willingness to "march into hell for a heavenly cause" as we confront our own inner darkness, overcome it and march on for the sake of our lives, for the sake of our loved ones, for the sake of the world. 

We all have such noble missions! I salute you on your quest this Monday Morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment