Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tips for Chanting a Million Daimoku! Join Us and WIN in your Life!


I'm receiving so many emails from those of you who are joining this WorldWide Million Daimoku Campaign! It is not too late to join! You can chant as much as you can every day. I am chanting at least 2 hours a day and my goal is to have chanted a million Daimoku (Nam-myoho-renge-kyo) by the end of the year. That works out to be 2 hours a day for me. But you can join us no matter what. The important thing is to have a chart - you can make your own with 300 spaces (each equals an hour of chanting) and write your goals. You can end your campaign whenever you want. That's it! 

If you want to join the Campaign send me an email at chantforhappiness@gmail.com and you can send a picture of yourself and let me know your goals if you wish. I am chanting for all of you but YOU are the Buddha and your prayers are the ones that will generate the breakthrough for you! Dream big! And set goals you will achieve by November 18th too!

A reader wrote in and asked what to do about falling asleep while chanting.  She said she works all day and is really trying to chant two hours a day. My answer is this: I don't know your exact schedule or each of your lives, I can only say that Buddhism is common sense, and your body does need to sleep. Chant as much as you can, and chant to have the kind of life where you can easily chant as much as you wish. In the meantime DO get enough sleep, and take care of what's important. Just make every Daimoku count to help you create the life you want to be living. 

And do tons of shakubuku! It's easy!
Here's how:
I chant to meet the people who most want to practice. I chant to meet the seekers, and those who are ready to get the Gohonzon. I know the rules are different in every country for getting Gohonzon - so I can't say much about the rules in your area for that...but I can say that every person you encourage to chant will change YOUR karma, and theirs, and the world. So be fearless, people want to hear about this practice. 

Send me your questions and I will do my best to answer. 

Sending my love to all my fellow Million Daimoku friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment